BCS Specialist Certificate in Problem Management
Book Now - 2 Delivery Methods Available:Scheduled Online Onsite
This course provides candidates with an understanding of the principles of, and practical experience of using, industry best practice involved in operating, monitoring, reporting, implementing, planning and improving the management of problems, leading to a Specialist qualification in Problem Management.
This qualification reflects the general industry best practices currently in use in IT Service Management (ITSM) and particularly Problem Management. The subject matter within this qualification is based on industry best practice, frameworks and guidelines including ITIL, COBIT and ISO/IEC 20000. This qualification forms part of the ‘ITSM Specialist’ series.
This course is aimed at:
- Individuals who require a working knowledge of the industry best practice used in Problem Management and how it may be used to enhance the quality of ITSM within an organisation.
- IT professionals who are working within an organisation which has adopted and adapted some of these practices and are required to deliver or improve Problem Management within an ongoing Service Improvement Programme (SIP).
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Course Topics (14 topics)
- Explain the goal and objectives of Problem Management
- Understand and explain the processes, roles and functions, especially those related to Problem Management
- Use different approaches to, and application of, standards, industry best practice frameworks and guidelines, relevant to Problem Management
- Develop and improve the customer and business focus of Problem Management
- Use and apply the Problem Management process to manage the resolution of problems in conjunction with all other areas of IT
- Define Problem Management requirements and understand, select, develop and implement the most appropriate Problem Management solutions, technology and environment
- Implement and manage problems through all stages of the problem lifecycle
- Develop and agree problem and incident categories and priorities in collaboration with the relevant stakeholders
- Co-ordinate, schedule, target and focus resources on the resolution of problems and incidents, based on priorities
- Be aware of the support tools and techniques available for the implementation and support of Problem Management and where possible identify and instigate improvements
- Practical analysis of problem and incident records, reports and statistics and propose resolutions to reduce the number of problems and incidents by proactively preventing potential incidents, in conjunction with the Service Desk and Incident Management
- Produce Problem Management reports for dissemination and interpret and use their contents
- Understand the interdependencies between Problem Management and other IT areas and processes
- Assist with the planning and implementation of Problem Management
- Possession of the ITIL V3 Foundation Certificate in Service Management or the ITIL V2 Foundation Certificate in Service Management plus the Bridging Certificate is mandatory before the qualification can be awarded.
- Candidates who do not yet hold either of the above (e.g. they are waiting for their Foundation result) will have their exam result withheld until they can provide evidence of certification.
- On attending the course please ensure you provide documented evidence that you have passed the ITIL Version 3 Foundation Certificate or ITIL Version 2-3 Foundation Bridge Certificate, by either presenting your certificate (or a copy of your certificate) to the course lecturer. If you cannot provide the physical certificate, then as a minimum you must provide the certificate number. If the exam board was not ISEB, you must also provide the name of the examination board who issued the certificate. Failure to comply with this requirement will result in you exam results being withheld by the exam accreditation body. If you have lost your certificate or you do not have a record of your certificate number please contact ISEB directly before attending the course. ISEB can be contacted on the following number 01793 417655.
The courses below may help you meet the knowledge level required to take this course. If you are unsure please ask a training advisor .
ITIL V3 Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management
The Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management - ITILV3 training course covers the five core fundamentals of the IT Infrastructure Library.
Please select from the dates below to make an enquiry or booking.
Different levels of discounts are available, ranging from 5 to 50%. These include early bird, late availability, multi-place, corporate volume and self-funding rates. Please arrange a discussion with a training advisor to discover your most cost effective option.