Business Relationship Management Professional (BRMP)
Book Now - 2 Delivery Methods Available:Scheduled Online Onsite
The Business Relationship Management Professional™ (BRMP™) training and qualification is intended for Business Relationship Managers.
Holders of the BRMI Business Relationship Management Professional™ qualification will be able to demonstrate:
- Understanding of the characteristics of the BRM role
- Understanding of what it means to perform as a trusted advisor, contributing to business strategy formulation and shaping business demand for the provider's services
- Understanding of how Portfolio Management disciplines and techniques are used to maximize and realise business value
- Understanding of how Business Transition Management and the conditions for successful change programs that minimize 'value leakage'
- Understanding of how the BRM role in Service Management and how to align services and service levels with business needs
- Understand the importance of how to communicate effectively and persuasively
There is a 40 minute, 50 question, multiple choice, closed book exam associated with this qualification. The pass mark for this exam is 50% (25 out of 50).
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
BRM Overview (5 topics)
- Be able to explain the goals and objectives of the BRM role
- Understand why the BRM role is gaining importance and how it is evolving in response to business and provider forces
- Explain the concepts of Business Demand Maturity and Provider Supply Maturity and how these impact the BRM role
- Understand the drivers of relationship maturity and be able to differentiate between tactical and strategic BRM roles and how these relate to order taker, trusted consultant and strategic business partner
- Understand the operating model and how it relates to Business Relationship Management
Strategic Partnering (4 topics)
- Understanding 'Demand Shaping' as a means to increase value realization from provider investments, service and assets
- Be able to use a Strategic Relationship Management process and techniques to strengthen business partner and provider relationships
- Understand how and where to engage in your business partner's decision cycle
- Co-develop, with your business partner, a Relationship Strategy-on-a-page as a mutual Relationship Contract
Business IQ (4 topics)
- Understand the concepts of 'value leakage' and the BRMs role in minimizing this
- Understand the concepts of capability roadmaps and how these are derived from business strategy
- Understand the concepts of value management and how these link business strategy, provider strategy, portfolio and the business case to shape priorities, communicate and drive business value
- Be able to use business outcomes to clarify strategic initiatives, manage scope and determine value metrics
Portfolio Management (5 topics)
- Understand how portfolio management is the central mechanism for a value management process
- Understand how to apply portfolio management to the entire life cycle of provider investments, from managing new investments, optimizing existing investments and retiring old investments
- Understand the relationships between project, program and portfolio management and how these work together to optimize business value.
- Be familiar with two common portfolio asset classification schemes and how they are applied to achieve portfolio balancing.
- Understand how governance processes and structures are used in support of portfolio management.
Business Transition Management (6 topics)
- Understand what is meant by business transition management, why it is important to BRM, and the components of a business transition capability model
- Understand how to create urgency for stakeholders
- Understand the key roles to be orchestrated for successful business transition
- Understand key change leadership concepts
- Understand the importance of clarifying the change details and typical methods for achieving clarity
- Understand how the Cliff Analogy illustrates all key factors in managing a transition
Provider Domain (3 topics)
- Understand the value-centric definition of a service
- Understand the important distinctions between Products and Services and the implications for the BRM
- Understand the different aspects of service value and how service provider constraints impact the role of the BRM
Powerful Communications (3 topics)
- Understand the components of 'powerful communications.'
- Understand how to influence those over whom they do not have direct control.
- Be able to express themselves through a unique value proposition.
There are no prerequisites for the BRMP™ training. Attending the ITIL Foundation in Service Management would benefit but it is not a pre-requisite.
Delegates will receive an electronic document in advance describing the structure and format of the course and the key concepts covered. It is expected that the delegate would have spent circa two hours reading through this document in advance of the class.
The courses below may help you meet the knowledge level required to take this course. If you are unsure please ask a training advisor .
ITIL V3 Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management
The Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management - ITILV3 training course covers the five core fundamentals of the IT Infrastructure Library.
Please select from the dates below to make an enquiry or booking.
Different pricing structures are available including special offers. These include early bird, late availability, multi-place, corporate volume and self-funding rates. Please arrange a discussion with a training advisor to discover your most cost effective option.
Attend From Anywhere
Leeds (City Exchange)
Manchester (Oxford St)