BCS Specialist Certificate in Business Relationship Management
This course has been retired. Please view currently available ITIL Training Courses.
Course Topics (16 topics)
- Explain the goal and objectives of Business Relationship Management
- Understand and explain processes, roles and functions, especially those related to BRM
- Use different approaches to, and application of, standards, industry best practice frameworks and guidelines, relevant to BRM
- Develop and improve the internal, customer and business focus of BRM
- Define the value of IT to the business, the business value chain and the value network
- Implement and manage the processes for managing the provision of service, implementation of new services and service reporting through all stages of the service lifecycle
- Develop and agree the approach to business/IT alignment in collaboration with the relevant stakeholders
- Develop relationships with customers and business managers by meeting, discussing, reviewing and negotiating with customers, users, stakeholders and other business managers
- Understand the business viewpoint and the need for communication
- Use and apply the Demand Management process to define future customer and business needs
- Assist with the production of business cases
- Be aware of the support tools and techniques available for the implementation and support of Busines Relationship Management, where possible identifying and instigating improvements
- Practical analysis of reports and statistics and proposing resolutions to improve the overall service performance
- Produce BRM reports for dissemination and interpret and use their contents
- Understand the interdependencies between BRM and other IT areas and processes
- Assist with the planning and implementation of BRM
- Possession of the ITIL V3 Foundation Certificate in Service Management or the ITIL V2 Foundation Certificate in Service Management plus the Bridging Certificate is mandatory before the qualification can be awarded.
- Candidates who do not yet hold either of the above (e.g. they are waiting for their Foundation result) will have their exam result withheld until they can provide evidence of certification.
- On attending the course please ensure you provide documented evidence that you have passed the ITIL Version 3 Foundation Certificate or ITIL Version 2-3 Foundation Bridge Certificate, by either presenting your certificate (or a copy of your certificate) to the course lecturer. If you cannot provide the physical certificate, then as a minimum you must provide the certificate number. If the exam board was not ISEB, you must also provide the name of the examination board who issued the certificate. Failure to comply with this requirement will result in you exam results being withheld by the exam accreditation body. If you have lost your certificate or you do not have a record of your certificate number please contact ISEB directly before attending the course. ISEB can be contacted on the following number 01793 417655.
The courses below may help you meet the knowledge level required to take this course. If you are unsure please ask a training advisor .
ITIL V3 Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management
The Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management - ITILV3 training course covers the five core fundamentals of the IT Infrastructure Library.