Flex 4: Data and Messaging
Book Now - 1 Delivery Method Available:Classroom Virtual Classroom Private Group - Virtual Self-Paced Online
Flex 4: Data and Communications provides experienced application developers with hands-on, practical experience connecting their Flex font ends to remote, dynamic data using Flex Data Services.
This two day course instructs developers how to connect with remote data using web services and Flex Data Services’ features allowing communication with a Java backend. In addition, skills will be learned how to manipulate and format the returned data.
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Installing the Web Application Server and BlazeDS (12 topics)
- Creating a project in a server based environment
- Interacting with SOAP web services to request and submit data
- The BlazeDS proxy service to integrate disparate systems
- Restful web services and Flash Builder 4
- Java Remoting, AMF and BlazeDS
- Hibernate and Spring integration
- Using the messaging service to implement a simple chat tool
- Comparing LiveCycle Data Services and BlazeDS
- Implementing LCDS on our web application server
- Live messaging with RTMP
- Flex <¨ LiveCycle Integration
- Introducing Data Management Services and editable grids
Version control in Flash Builder 4 (11 topics)
- The Model View Controller design pattern and the Cairngorm Framework
- Creating the key elements of the framework
- Value Objects and the importance of strong typing
- Building custom events and commands
- The role of the front controller
- Service integration with delegates, responders and asynctokens
- Displaying our results visually
- Enabling filtering through interaction, events and commands
- Event driven Master-Detail sets
- Grouping Collections and Client Side Analysis
- Deploying the release build of your application
The courses below may help you meet the knowledge level required to take this course. If you are unsure please ask a training advisor .
Flex 4: Developing Rich Client Applications Level 1
This 3-day Flex 4: Developing Rich Client Applications Level 1 training course introduces developers to all the primary features of Flex.Classroom Virtual Classroom Private Group - Virtual Self-Paced Online