Implementing Cisco Edge Network Security Solutions
Book Now - 2 Delivery Methods Available:Scheduled Online Onsite
This course has been designed to provide students with the knowledge and skills required to implement and manage security on Cisco ASA firewalls, Cisco Routers with the firewall feature set and Cisco Switches. Students will gain hands-on experience with configuring various perimeter security solutions to mitigate outside threats and secure network zones. At the end of the course, students should be able to reduce the risk to their IT infrastructures and applications and provide detailed operations support for Cisco Switches, Cisco ASA, and Router security appliance features.
After attending this course you should be able to :
- Understand current security threat landscape
- Understand and implement Cisco modular Network Security Architectures such as SecureX and TrustSec
- Deploy Cisco Infrastructure management and control plane security controls
- Configure Cisco layer 2 and layer 3 data plane security controls
- Implement and maintain Cisco ASA Network Address Translations (NAT)
- Implement and maintain Cisco IOS Software Network Address Translations (NAT)
- Design and deploy Cisco Threat Defense solutions on a Cisco ASA utilizing access policy and application and identity based inspection
- Implement Botnet Traffic Filters
- Deploy Cisco IOS Zone-Based Policy Firewalls (ZBFW)
- Configure and verify Cisco IOS ZBFW Application Inspection Policy
This course is aimed at network professionals involved in the support and deployment of Cisco Edge Security solutions utilizing Cisco Switches, Cisco Routers and Cisco ASA Firewalls, as well as Individuals looking to obtain the Cisco Certified Network Professional Certification.
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Cisco Secure Design Principles (4 topics)
- Network Security Zoning
- Cisco Module Network Architecture
- Cisco SecureX Architecture
- Cisco TrustSec Solutions
Labs (11 topics)
- Lab 2-1: Configuring Basic Connectivity
- Lab 2-2: Configuring Management Features
- Lab 3-1: Configuring Basic Access Control
- Lab 3-2: Tuning Basic Cisco ASA Adaptive Security Appliance Stateful Inspection Features
- Lab 3-3: Configuring Application-Layer Policies
- Lab 3-4: Configuring Advanced Access Controls
- Lab 3-5: Configuring User-Based Policies (Cut-Through Proxy)
- Lab 4-1: Configuring Cisco ASA Adaptive Security Appliance NAT
- Lab 4-2: Configuring Transparent Firewall Mode
- Lab 5-1: Deploying a Cisco ASA Adaptive Security Appliance Active/Standby Failover
- Lab 5-2: Deploying a Cisco ASA Adaptive Security Appliance Active/Active Failover
Implement Network Infrastructure Protection (7 topics)
- Introducing Cisco Network Infrastructure Architecture
- Deploying Cisco IOS Control Plane Security Controls
- Deploying Cisco IOS Management Plane Security Controls
- Deploying Cisco ASA Management Plane Security Controls
- Deploying Cisco Traffic Telemetry Methods
- Deploying Cisco IOS Layer 2 Data Plane Security Controls
- Deploying Cisco IOS Layer 3 Data Plane Security Controls
Deploying NAT on Cisco IOS and Cisco Adaptive Security Appliance (3 topics)
- Introducing Network Address Translation
- Deploying Cisco ASA Network Address Translation
- Deploying Cisco IOS Software Network Address Translation
Deploying Threat Controls on Cisco ASA (5 topics)
- Introducing Cisco Threat Controls
- Deploying Cisco ASA Basic Access Controls
- Deploying Cisco ASA Application Inspection Policies
- Deploying Cisco ASA Botnet Traffic Filtering
- Deploying Cisco ASA Identity Based Firewall
Deploying Threat Controls on Cisco IOS Software (2 topics)
- Deploying Cisco IOS Software with Basic Zone-Based Firewall Policies
- Deploying Cisco IOS Software Zone-Based Firewall with Application Inspection Policies
Delegates should have CCNA and CCNA Security certification. Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows OS is an advantage.
The courses below may help you meet the knowledge level required to take this course. If you are unsure please ask a training advisor .
ICND2: Interconnecting Cisco Network Devices Part 2
A 5-day Training Course on ICND2: Interconnecting Cisco Network Devices Part 2; Learn to Install, operate, & troubleshoot a small-medium office Enterprise network.
ICND1: Interconnecting Cisco Network Devices Part 1
A 5-day Training Course on ICND1: Interconnecting Cisco Network Devices Part 1; Install, operate, and troubleshoot a small branch office Enterprise network.
IINS Implementing Cisco IOS Network Security
Implementing Cisco IOS Network Security is a 5-day training course focusing on the necessity of a comprehensive security policy and its network impact.
Please select from the dates below to make an enquiry or booking.
Different pricing structures are available including special offers. These include early bird, late availability, multi-place, corporate volume and self-funding rates. Please arrange a discussion with a training advisor to discover your most cost effective option.