SECURE: Securing Cisco Routers and Switches
Book Now - 1 Delivery Method Available:Scheduled Online Onsite
This five-day course aims to provide network security engineers with the knowledge and skills needed to secure Cisco Router and Switch based IOS Software networks using security services based on Cisco IOS Software.
Delegates will be able to secure the network environment using existing Cisco IOS Software features, and install and configure components of the Cisco IOS Software. Components include the Zone-Based Policy Firewall, Cisco IOS Intrusion Prevention System (IPS), user-based firewall, and secure tunnels using IP Security (IPsec) virtual private network (VPN) technology including public key infrastructure (PKI). Other components include virtual tunnel interface/dynamic virtual tunnel interface (VTI/DVTI), Group Encrypted Transport VPN (GET VPN), Dynamic Multipoint Virtual Private Network (DMVPN), Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) VPN, and advanced switch security features. The course focuses on the implementation and troubleshooting aspects of the lifecycle services approach, adding some elements of the design phase as well.
On completion of this course, delegates will be able to:
- Implement and maintain Cisco IOS Software infrastructure protection controls in a Cisco router- and switch-based network infrastructure
- Implement and maintain Cisco IOS Software threat control and containment technologies in a Cisco router-based perimeter infrastructure
- Implement and maintain Cisco IOS Software VPN technologies in a Cisco router-based WAN
- Implement and maintain Cisco IOS Software remote access VPN technologies in a Cisco router-based remote access solution
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Deploying Cisco IOS Software Network Foundation Protection (7 topics)
- Deploying Network Foundation Protection Controls
- Deploying Advanced Switched Data Plane Security Controls
- Implementing Cisco Identity-Based Network Services
- Deploying Basic 802.1X Features
- Deploying Advanced Routed Data Plane Security Controls
- Deploying Advanced Control Plane Security Controls
- Deploying Advanced Management Plane Security Controls
Deploying Cisco IOS Software Threat Control and Containment (4 topics)
- Deploying Cisco IOS Software Network Address Translation
- Deploying Basic Zone-Based Policy Firewalls
- Deploying Advanced Zone-Based Policy Firewalls
- Deploying Cisco IOS Software IPS
Deploying Cisco IOS Software Site-to-Site Transmission Security (6 topics)
- Site-to-Site VPN Architectures and Technologies
- Deploying VTI-Based Site-to-Site IPsec VPNs
- Deploying Scalable Authentication in Site-to-Site IPsec VPNs
- Deploying DMVPNs
- Deploying High Availability in Tunnel-Based IPsec VPNs
- Deploying GET VPN
Deploying Secure Remote Access with Cisco IOS Software (3 topics)
- Remote Access VPN Architectures and Technologies
- Deploying Remote Access Solutions Using SSL VPN
- Deploying Remote Access Solutions Using Cisco Easy VPN
Labs (10 topics)
- Lab 1-1: Configuring Advanced Switched Data Plane Security Controls
- Lab 1-2: Configuring Advanced Infrastructure Security Controls
- Lab 2-1: Configuring Basic Zoned-Based Policy Firewall Features
- Lab 2-2: Configuring Advanced Zoned-Based Policy Firewall Features
- Lab 2-3: Configuring Cisco IOS Software IPS
- Lab 3-1: Configuring a PKI-Enabled Site-to-Site IPsec VPN
- Lab 3-2: Configuring Cisco IOS Software DMVPN Spokes
- Lab 3-3: Configuring GET VPN Group Members
- Lab 4-1: Configuring a Cisco IOS Software SSL VPN Gateway
- Lab 4-2: Configuring Cisco Easy VPN
Appendixes (3 topics)
- Appendix A: Case Study - Configuring and Verifying Basic 802.1x Features
- Appendix B: Deploying Advanced 802.1X Features
- Appendix C: Case Study - Configuring and Verifying Advanced 802.1X Features
The courses below may help you meet the knowledge level required to take this course. If you are unsure please ask a training advisor .
ICND1: Interconnecting Cisco Network Devices Part 1
A 5-day Training Course on ICND1: Interconnecting Cisco Network Devices Part 1; Install, operate, and troubleshoot a small branch office Enterprise network.
ICND2: Interconnecting Cisco Network Devices Part 2
A 5-day Training Course on ICND2: Interconnecting Cisco Network Devices Part 2; Learn to Install, operate, & troubleshoot a small-medium office Enterprise network.
IINS Implementing Cisco IOS Network Security
Implementing Cisco IOS Network Security is a 5-day training course focusing on the necessity of a comprehensive security policy and its network impact.