Implementing Cisco Secure Access Solutions
Book Now - 2 Delivery Methods Available:Scheduled Online Onsite
This course has been designed to provide engineers with the foundational knowledge and skills required to implement and manage network access security through the deployment of the Cisco Identity Services Engine and 802.1x Solution.
Students will gain hands-on experience with configuring advanced Cisco security solutions to enable secure device connection to the network and for mitigating outside threats. At the end of the course, students will be able to reduce the risk to their IT infrastructures and applications using Cisco’s ISE appliance features and provide operational support to identity and network access control.
After completing this course you should be able to:
- Understand Cisco Identity Services Engine architecture and access control capabilities
- Understand 802.1X architecture, implementation and operation
- Understand commonly implemented Extensible Authentication Protocols (EAP)
- Implement Public-Key Infrastructure with ISE
- Understand the implement Internal and External authentication databases
- Implement MAC Authentication Bypass
- Implement identity based authorization policies
- Understand Cisco TrustSec features
- Implement Web Authentication and Guest Access
- Implement ISE Posture service
- Implement ISE Profiling
- Understand Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) with ISE
- Troubleshoot ISE
This course is aimed at engineers looking to deploy or support a Cisco's Identity Services Engine solution and individuals looking to achieve the Cisco Certified Network Professional Certification for Security.
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Threat Mitigation Through Identity Services (3 topics)
- Identity Services
- 802.1X and EAP
- Identity System Quick Start
Cisco Identity Services Engine (ISE) Fundamentals (4 topics)
- Cisco ISE Overview
- Cisco ISE with PKI
- Cisco ISE Authentication
- Configuring Cisco ISE for External Authentication
Advanced Access Control (3 topics)
- Certificate-based User Authentication
- Security Group Access (SGA) and MACsec Implementation
Web Authentication and Guest Access (2 topics)
- Describe the Cisco Email Security Solutions
- Guest Access Services
Endpoint Access Control Enhancements (3 topics)
Troubleshooting Network Access Control (1 topic)
- Troubleshooting Network Access Control
Labs (10 topics)
- Lab 1-1: Bootstrap Identity System
- Lab 2-1: Enroll Cisco ISE in PKI
- Lab 2-2: Implement MAB and Internal Authentication
- Lab 2-3: Implement External Authentication
- Lab 3-1: Implement EAP-TLS
- Lab 3-2: Implement Authorization
- Lab 4-1: Implement Central WebAuth and Guest Services
- Lab 5-1: Implement Posture Service
- Lab 5-2: Implement the Profile Service
- Lab 6-1: Troubleshooting Network Access Control
Attendees should meet the following prerequisites:
- Cisco Certified Network Associate Certification ICND1 and ICND2 or CCNABC
- Cisco Certified Network AssociateSecurity Certification ICND1 and IINS
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows Operating System
The courses below may help you meet the knowledge level required to take this course. If you are unsure please ask a training advisor .
ICND2: Interconnecting Cisco Network Devices Part 2
A 5-day Training Course on ICND2: Interconnecting Cisco Network Devices Part 2; Learn to Install, operate, & troubleshoot a small-medium office Enterprise network.
ICND1: Interconnecting Cisco Network Devices Part 1
A 5-day Training Course on ICND1: Interconnecting Cisco Network Devices Part 1; Install, operate, and troubleshoot a small branch office Enterprise network.
IINS Implementing Cisco IOS Network Security
Implementing Cisco IOS Network Security is a 5-day training course focusing on the necessity of a comprehensive security policy and its network impact.
Please select from the dates below to make an enquiry or booking.
Different pricing structures are available including special offers. These include early bird, late availability, multi-place, corporate volume and self-funding rates. Please arrange a discussion with a training advisor to discover your most cost effective option.