Application Virtualization with VMware ThinApp 5.0
Book Now - 1 Delivery Method Available:Scheduled Online Onsite
This course will provide applications-oriented administrators with the knowledge and skills to virtualize Windows applications with VMware ThinApp, modify the Package.ini parameters to handle special circumstances, and choose the best deployment and updating processes for their environment.
At the end of the course, you should understand the operation of ThinApp and be able to:
- Describe the major components of the ThinApp architecture
- Modify Package.ini parameters to increase the variety and complexity of applications that can be virtualized
- Use Application Link to dynamically link application components like Microsoft .NET to multiple applications
- Use Application Sync to update applications deployed from servers
- Troubleshoot problems with ThinApp packages
Experienced system administrators and system integrators willing to work hard to achieve superior vSphere skills with minimal time away from the office.
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
VMware ThinApp Architecture (2 topics)
- Architecture that supports a virtualized application
- Relationships between the ThinApp runtime, the virtual file system, and the virtual registry
Packaging Applications (1 topic)
- Capturing and virtualizing an application
Modifying Package.ini Parameters (2 topics)
- Entry points, access control, and isolation parameters
- The sandbox folder and the sbmerge.exe utility
Building Applications with Application Link (2 topics)
- Application Link features
- Application Link parameters in the Package.ini file
Deploying and Updating Applications (4 topics)
- EXE files versus MSI files for local application deployment
- Streaming applications from servers
- Using the versioning model to update applications
- Using Application Sync to update applications
Performance and Troubleshooting (2 topics)
- Performance considerations
- Troubleshooting ThinApp packages
Completion of the VMware View 4: Install, Configure, Manage course or the VMware ThinApp Fundamentals eLearning course.