ISEB Foundation Certificate in Software Asset Management
Book Now - 1 Delivery Method Available:Classroom Virtual Classroom Private Group - Virtual Self-Paced Online
This course is a Foundation level course that acts as a prerequisite for candidates wishing to attend the more advanced Practitioner level SAM course. Using in depth and up to date experience to deliver the course, all candidates will leave the three days with a more comprehensive and practical view of SAM.
Candidates who take the exam should be able to demonstrate knowledge and comprehension of the lifecycle, and be able to recognize where Software Asset Management is applicable within their own environment. Holders of the ISEB Certificate in SAM Essentials will be able to demonstrate their competence in, and their ability to:
- Describe the objectives and major activities required to implement SAM within an organisation
- Explain and use SAM techniques and processes
- Be aware of the support tools and techniques available for the implementation of SAM and be able to indicate how possible improvements can be made
- Manage software assets through the stages of their lifecycle
- Prepare and distribute SAM reports and plans throughout the organisation.
- Understand and explain the interdependencies between SAM and other IT & Service Management processes
- Make more efficient use of software licenses within an organisation and define, produce and analyse measurements and metrics
- Assist organisations develop effective SAM processes in line with evolving SAM standards
- Justify and sell the benefits of a SAM initiative.
- Understand the impact of software ownership, legal risks and non compliance.
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Introduction to SAM (2 topics)
- Compliance to history of publisher activities Description of risks associated with software and its usage
- Understanding the special characteristics of software assets & software licenses, software compliance & Intellectual Property
The Business case (6 topics)
- Obtaining the appropriate information in order to produce a comprehensive SAM business case
- Approach and templates
- Producing a business case.
Roles & Responsibilities (4 topics)
- Understanding skills and responsibilities required to carry out specific roles
- Reconciliation work
- Contract management
Policies and Processes (5 topics)
- Overall management processes
- Core asset management
- Logistics processes
- Compliance and relationship
Implementing SAM (3 topics)
- Understanding and identifying all cyclical stages of implementing SAM: Preparation / Getting there / Staying there
- Proving you can stay there
- Understanding different resource requirements for project and business as usual activities
Tools & Techniques (4 topics)
- Understanding all methods & technical applications available to support any SAM system
- Distinguishing between types of SAM tools and their usage
- Selecting and procuring the appropriate tool
- Managing and maintaining SAM information
SAM Reporting (5 topics)
- A look at the kind of reports and their content in order to support the business requirements I.e.: financial, compliance or operational
- Identify and produce regular and ad-hoc SAM related reports
- Defining measurements, metrics and Key
- Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Analyzing and acting on reports
Mapping SAM to ITIL (1 topic)
- How SAM as a subject links to other areas of ITIL and the overall importance of running strong inventories when setting up an ITIL framework Interfaces and dependencies that SAM has with other IT and Service Management processes