Vizioncore vFoglight Intermediate
Book Now - 1 Delivery Method Available:Classroom Virtual Classroom Private Group - Virtual Self-Paced Online
vFoglight is a best-in-class virtualization management solution that provides performance monitoring, capacity planning, chargeback, and service management all in a single, downloadable solution that leverages a common database repository and user interface (UI). Why buy, install, configure and use four different solutions when you can choose vFoglight - the most widely-adopted solution for virtualization monitoring, period.
This course provides instructor led, hands on training in a classroom environment.
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Introduction to vFoglight (1 topic)
- In module 1, we will describe the features and benefits of vFoglight.
Installation (1 topic)
- In module 2, we will cover the product download, installation, and configuration procedures.
User Interface (1 topic)
- In Module 3, we will discuss the user interface. We discuss logging in and viewing dashboards. As we drill down through a dashboard, breadcrumbs provide an easy way to back out. Administrators can set multiple Home pages as shortcuts to dashboards of interest. Users can set bookmarks to return to points of interest and there is extensive on-line help that includes tutorials.
Security (Users, Groups, Roles, and LDAP) (1 topic)
- In Module 4, we will discuss managing users and groups and setting up security to control their access. We will also discuss vFoglight's LDAP(Lightweight Directory Access Protocol) interface which allows specific Microsoft Active Directory users to use their AD credentials to login.
vFoglight SE Monitoring and Features (1 topic)
- In Module 5, we will discuss vFoglight core features and functionality that are common to both vFoglight SE and Pro versions. vFoglight SE's most-used dashboard is the Virtual Dashboard-it immediately shows problems in your VMware environment and provides suggestions. This module also covers the latest vFoglight virtualization features, such as VM Guest Process Investigation.
vFoglight Pro Monitoring and Features (1 topic)
- In Module 6, we will discuss vFoglight Pro monitoring, Physical OS Monitoring, Chargeback, Third-Party SNMP Integration, Federation, and High Availability.
Rules (1 topic)
- Module 7 describes the rules used to set off the alarms. These rules can be customized to each customer but many customers will never need to touch them.
Reports and Dashboards (1 topic)
- Module 8 describes creating vFoglight reports and dashboards.
Troubleshooting (1 topic)
- Module 9 describes basic troubleshooting of a vFoglight installation and a discussion of best practices.