Red Hat Enterprise Linux for Solaris Administrators
This course has been retired. Please view currently available Red Hat Linux Training Courses.
Course Contents (16 topics)
- Find documentation and help
- Navigate directory structures and consoles
- Configure the system using the command line
- Control the boot process, kernel modules, and initialization
- Manage software lifecycle with yum, Red Hat Network, and rpm
- Manage Solaris machines from Red Hat Network
- Create and modify the partition tables, character devices, and block devices
- Create and manage software RAID, logical volumes, filesystems, swap, and automounter.
- Set up space and file quotas for users and groups
- Connect to and authenticate from network directory services like NIS and LDAP
- Secure access to systems and services using the NetFilter kernel-level firewall
- Enforce security with SELinux
- Collect system information, monitor system activity, and generate reports
- Set up system auditing, centralized logging, and kernel monitoring and profiling
- Perform automated installations of Red Hat Enterprise Linux using Kickstart
- Saving kernel crash dumps to disk and over the network
* Experience in Solaris at the power user, network operations, or system administrator level. * Two years of Solaris experience installing server operating system and software, troubleshooting servers, and configuring and securing servers and services.