Citrix Provisioning 7.1x Administration
Book Now - 2 Delivery Methods Available:Scheduled Online Onsite
Improve your XenApp and XenDesktop image management and performance with Provisioning Services. Learn to install and configure a highly available Provisioning Services farm according to leading practices. In this course, you will learn about the architecture, communication, and processes that make up Provisioning Services to be successful with deploying and managing a farm. Manage and integrate vDisks and target devices with XenApp and XenDesktop for easy rollback, upgrades, and performance of Virtual Delivery Agent machines. At the end of this course you will be able to install, configure and manage the Provisioning Services solution.
This course is currently based on Citrix Provisioning Services 7.15.
After completing this course you should be able to:
- Understand Provisioning Services architecture and communication
- Install and configure a Provisioning Services farm
- Deploy Provisioning Services target devices for use with XenApp and XenDesktop Virtual Delivery Agents
- Manage a Provisioning Services farm, vDisks, and target devices
- Understand Provisioning Services redundancy and failover
Experienced IT Professionals working with XenApp and XenDesktop who need to plan for, implement, or manage a Provisioning Services environment. Potential students include administrators, engineers, and architects.
Recommended as preparation for the following exams:
- 1Y0-311 - Citrix XenApp and XenDesktop 7.15 Advanced Administration Exam
Delegates looking to obtain this exam should also consider attending the CXD-303 as well as the CXD-304 Course, or the CXD-310 class or CMB-310 + CXD-303.
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Advanced Provisioning with Provisioning Services (2 topics)
- Getting started with Provisioning Services
- Provisioning Services Architecture
Provisioning Services Infrastructure (3 topics)
- The PVS server role
- The Farm database
- The vDisk Store
Streaming the vDisk (4 topics)
- Introduction to vDisks
- Machine preparation
- Streaming vDisks
- Boot methods
Target Devices (3 topics)
- Introduction to target devices
- Data I/O
- Handling persistent and non-persistent data
Integrating Provisioning Services with XenApp and XenDesktop (4 topics)
- XenDesktop Setup Wizard
- Device Collections
- Published Apps and Desktops
- Using Provisioning Services with XenApp and XenDesktop
Provisioning Services Redundancy (3 topics)
- Farm component redundancy
- Store redundancy
- Database redundancy
Supporting Provisioning Services (5 topics)
- Performing updates
- Auditing and support
- vDisk imagining
- Migrating vDisk images
Attendees should meet the following prerequisites:
- Foundational knowledge of XenApp and XenDesktop 7.1x.
- Attendance of the CXD-210 - Citrix XenApp and XenDesktop 7.1x Administration course is recommended.
The courses below may help you meet the knowledge level required to take this course. If you are unsure please ask a training advisor .
Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops 7.1x Administration
This 5-day course provides the skills required to install, configure and manage a highly available XenApp and XenDesktop 7.1x environment.
Please select from the dates below to make an enquiry or booking.
Different pricing structures are available including special offers. These include early bird, late availability, multi-place, corporate volume and self-funding rates. Please arrange a discussion with a training advisor to discover your most cost effective option.