Adobe Illustrator Introduction
Book Now - 2 Delivery Methods Available:Scheduled Online Onsite
This introductory course covers some of the basic and more commonly used features of Adobe Illustrator, so that delegates can navigate the software and use Illustrator's tools to create and work with vector graphics.
NOTE: This course is suitable for anyone using Illustrator CS5, CS6 or CC. If attending in a QA centre then the course will be delivered using Illustrator CS6.
- Create vector artwork using Illustrator
- Format paths using fills and colour
- Understand and use the Pen Tool
- Add type to designs
- Manage artwork using layers
- Output graphics in different file formats
Please note: for Attend from Anywhere customers an additional screen is required for this course to work through remote desktop labs and view training information.
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Introducing Adobe Illustrator (2 topics)
- The Illustrator interface
- Zooming and navigating
Illustrator basics (3 topics)
- Vector and raster graphics
- Creating documents
- Working with artboards
Basic shapes (2 topics)
- Understanding Illustrator terminology
- Drawing and modifying simple lines, shapes and paths
Formatting paths (2 topics)
- Working with colour
- Applying fills and strokes
The Pen Tool (4 topics)
- Creating simple line paths
- Creating curved paths
- Combining straight and curved paths
- Modifying paths
Working with text (2 topics)
- The Type tools
- Formatting type
Using layers (2 topics)
- Working with layers
- Managing layers
Outputting from Illustrator (3 topics)
- Outputting from Illustrator
- Adobe Swatch Exchange
- Exporting artwork from Illustrator
Delegates do not need any experience of using Adobe Illustrator as all required skills will be covered during the course. All delegates should have basic computer skills and know how to launch applications, navigate their computer and have good keyboard and mouse skills.
Please select from the dates below to make an enquiry or booking.
Different pricing structures are available including special offers. These include early bird, late availability, multi-place, corporate volume and self-funding rates. Please arrange a discussion with a training advisor to discover your most cost effective option.