Adobe Photoshop Introduction
Book Now - 2 Delivery Methods Available:Classroom Virtual Classroom Private Group - Virtual Self-Paced Online
This introduction course covers some of the basic and more commonly used features of Adobe Photoshop so that attendees can navigate the software and use Photoshop's tools to work with digital images. In addition, an orientation of Adobe Bridge and organisation and management of digital assets using Bridge is covered.
Although Photoshop is used by a variety of professionals, from marketing departments and organisations, from photographers to designers, this introduction course focuses primarily on the photography component.
This course is suitable for anyone using Photoshop CS5, CS6 or CC. If attending in a QA centre then the course will be delivered using Photoshop CS6.
- Navigate their way around the Photoshop and image environment
- Gain a basic understanding of the purpose and benefits of using Adobe Bridge
- Understand image size, resolution and colour modes
- Create and modify selections
- Work with layers, layer groups, styles and blending modes
- Use common image retouching tools and filters
- Output images from Photoshop
Please note: for Attend from Anywhere customers an additional screen is required for this course to work through remote desktop labs and view training information.
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Getting started with Photoshop (4 topics)
- The Photoshop interface
- Customising Photoshop's preferences
Introducing Adobe Bridge (6 topics)
- What is Adobe Bridge?
- The Adobe Bridge interface
- Working with images
- Mini Bridge
Image basics (4 topics)
- Creating a new document
- Raster and vector images
- Rotating and cropping images
Selections (6 topics)
- The Marquee tools
- The Lasso tools
- The Quick Selection tools
- Color Range
- Refining a selection
- Saving and loading selections
Introducing layers (5 topics)
- Combining images using layers
- Creating and managing layers
- The Eraser tools
- Transforming layers
- Common adjustments
Taking Layers further (4 topics)
- Layer Styles
- Blending Modes
- Working with Adjustment Layers
- The Type Tool
Retouching tools (4 topics)
- The Spot Healing Brush Tool
- The Patch Tool
- Content-Aware Fill
- Content-Aware Move
Working with History (4 topics)
- History basics
- Configuring History
- The History panel
- The History Brush
Filters (3 topics)
- The Filter Gallery
- Gaussian Blur
Outputting from Photoshop (2 topics)
- Colour modes
- Exporting other file types
- Delegates do not need any experience of digital imaging or photography as anything that is required will be covered by the course.
- However, all delegates should have basic computer skills and know how to launch applications, browse to locate files and have good keyboard and mouse skill.
Please select from the dates below to make an enquiry or booking.
Different pricing structures are available including special offers. These include early bird, late availability, multi-place, corporate volume and self-funding rates. Please arrange a discussion with a training advisor to discover your most cost effective option.