Adobe InDesign Introduction
Book Now - 2 Delivery Methods Available:Scheduled Online Onsite
This introduction course covers some of the basic and more commonly used features of Adobe InDesign so that attendees can navigate the software and use InDesign's tools to create well-designed professional documents.
In this course you will learn how to use paragraph and character styles that allow you to format pages of text uniformly, layout features that help you to build alternate size configurations of your document, and various panels that enable you to easily customise both text and graphics.
This course is suitable for anyone using InDesign CS5, CS6 or CC. If attending in a QA centre then the course will be delivered using InDesign CS6.
- Navigate their way around the InDesign environment
- Work with text frames and formatting
- Use styles to achieve consistency in documents
- Control images and page layout
- Work with layers and object controls
- Use colour to enhance the appearance of documents
- Output documents from InDesign
Please note: for Attend from Anywhere customers an additional screen is required for this course to work through remote desktop labs and view training information.
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Introducing InDesign (3 topics)
- The InDesign interface
Creating documents (4 topics)
- Creating a new document
- Guides and views
- Working with frames
- Working with pages
Working with type (8 topics)
- The Type tool
- Importing text
- Linking and overset text
- Formatting text
- Further typographic controls
- Working with tables
- Other useful text commands
- Special characters and symbols
Working with styles (6 topics)
- An introduction to styles
- The styles panels
- Creating a style
- Applying styles
- Editing and managing styles
- Style overrides
Working with graphics (5 topics)
- Importing images
- Display performance
- Managing other Adobe files
- Scaling and moving
- Text wrapping
Working with multiple frames (3 topics)
- Grouping, aligning and distributing
- Managing objects
Working with colour (4 topics)
- An introduction to colour
- The Colour panel
- Tints and gradients
Preparing for output (5 topics)
- Resolving errors
- Printing a document
- Exporting files for print
- Packaging a document
- Exporting in another format
Appendix 1 - Creative Cloud (3 topics)
- Creative Cloud files
- Creative Cloud Libraries
- Adobe Capture CC
Appendix 2 - Adobe Bridge (3 topics)
- The Adobe Bridge interface
- Locating files and assets
- Delegates do not need any experience of InDesign or desktop publishing, as anything that is required will be covered by the course.
- However, all delegates should have basic computer skills and know how to launch applications, browse to locate files and have good keyboard and mouse skills.
Please select from the dates below to make an enquiry or booking.
Different pricing structures are available including special offers. These include early bird, late availability, multi-place, corporate volume and self-funding rates. Please arrange a discussion with a training advisor to discover your most cost effective option.