Introduction to IBM Lotus Domino 8.5 XPages
Book Now - 1 Delivery Method Available:Scheduled Virtual Onsite
This course focuses on the fundamentals needed to begin building applications using XPages, such as creating a new XPage, creating a custom control, binding an XPage to a document, using @Functions in an XPage, configuring server and client-side data validation, and troubleshooting issues when working with XPages.
The format of this workshop is hands-on training in a facilitated, self-paced format. This means that you will work through the hands-on exercises at your own pace. This is different from pure self-paced learning because a facilitator will work with you to assist you with any questions or problems that you may have, as well as validate your progress through the training to ensure that all critical learning objectives have been met.
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Getting started with XPages (7 topics)
- Beginning to learn about XPages
- Exploring an application enhanced using XPages
- Examining XPages in IBM Lotus Domino Designer
- Copying Over and Configuring the Time-Off Requests Application on your test server
- Learning about IBM Lotus Domino Designer resources and settings related to XPages
- Exploring the Time-Off Requests Application
- Creating an XPage and Examining its Source Code
Working with Custom Controls (7 topics)
- Creating a Custom Control
- Adding an Action to a Control
- Inserting a Custom Control onto an XPage
- Creating Another Custom Control
- Binding a Custom Control to a Data Source and Setting Advanced Properties
- Working with @Functions in Controls
- Modifying the Advanced Properties for a Custom Control
Applying Advanced Concepts to XPages and Custom Controls (6 topics)
- Configuring Data Validation and Error Management
- Adding a Style Sheet to an XPage
- Working with Properties for Controls
- Configuring a Search Using a Scoped Variable
- Working with Themes in XPages
- Troubleshooting issues with XPages
The courses below may help you meet the knowledge level required to take this course. If you are unsure please ask a training advisor .
Fundamentals of IBM Lotus Domino 8 Application Development
This 4-day training course on the fundamentals of IBM Lotus Domino 8 Application Development delivers skills to create and modify database applications in the Domino 8 Designer enviroment.Scheduled Virtual Onsite