Configuring the Cisco Nexus 1000V
Book Now - 2 Delivery Methods Available:Scheduled Online Onsite
This 3-day course is designed for systems and field engineers who install and implement the Cisco Nexus 1000V Switch.The course covers the key components and procedures you need to know to install, configure, manage, and troubleshoot the Cisco Nexus 1000V Switch.
After you complete this course you will be able to:
- Describe the features of the Cisco Nexus 1000V Series Switch and Cisco Nexus 1010 Virtual Services Appliance, and explain how these products are integrated into the Cisco virtual architecture.
- Describe how to configure the key features of the Cisco Nexus 1000V Series, and discuss how these features are used in the data center virtual infrastructure design.
Network, systems, and consulting systems engineers, as well as server administrators Network designers, administrators, and managers involved in the mangement, configuration and deployment of the Cisco Nexus 1000v Switch.
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Introducing the Cisco Nexus 1000V (4 topics)
- Data Center Access Layer Networks
- Virtual Environment Overview
- Cisco Virtual Switching Overview
- Feature Overview
VMware Networking (4 topics)
- Virtual Access Layer
- vSwitch Security
- Distributed Virtual Switch
Cisco Nexus 1000V Architecture (2 topics)
- Architectural Overview
- Installation and Operation
Cisco Nexus Design Considerations (2 topics)
- Access Layer Designs
Installing and Configuring the Nexus 1000V (6 topics)
- Configure VSM vSwitch Networks
- VSM Virtual Machine Creation
- Initial VSM Configuration
- Connect the VSM to vCenter
- Cisco Nexus 1000V HA Configuration
- Cisco Nexus 1000V Licensing
ConfiguringPort Profiles (7 topics)
- Port Profiles
- VLAN Configuration
- Creating Uplink Profiles
- Creating VM data Port Profiles
- Configuring Nexus 1000V Port Channels
- Adding Hosts to the VSM
- Adding VMs tothe VSM
Managing Security (4 topics)
- Access Control Lists
- Configuring Access Control Lists
- Understanding Private VLANs
- Configuring Private VLANs
Traffic Flow (2 topics)
- IGMP Snooping
Network Monitoring and Troubleshooting (4 topics)
- Troubleshooting VSM Connectivity
- Troubleshooting VM Connectivity
Labs (7 topics)
- Lab 1: Populating the vCenter Database
- Lab 2:Configuring VMware Networking
- Lab 3: Installing the Nexus 1000V
- Lab 4: Configuring PortProfiles
- Lab 5: Nexus 1000V Switch Managemen
- Lab 6:Configuring Security
- Lab 7:HA and QoS
- Good understanding of networking protocols. ICND1 and ICND2 or CCNABC Recommended
- Good understanding of the VMware environment. VSICM recommended.
Please select from the dates below to make an enquiry or booking.
Different pricing structures are available including special offers. These include early bird, late availability, multi-place, corporate volume and self-funding rates. Please arrange a discussion with a training advisor to discover your most cost effective option.
|Later scheduled dates may be available for this course.|