BCS Foundation Certificate in Business Change (inc exam)
Book Now - 3 Delivery Methods Available:Classroom Virtual Classroom Private Group - Virtual Self-Paced Online
This BCS Foundation Certificate in Business Change is designed for anyone involved in or affected by change initiatives required to deliver business benefit. These initiatives are likely to include the implementation of revised business processes and/or IT systems.
This course considers the underlying concepts in the areas of business and requirements analysis, change management and the consultancy skills necessary to ensure maximum value is achieved from the implementation.
The Certificate counts towards the Business Analysis Diploma as one of the available knowledge based options.
Candidates who pass this qualification will be able to demonstrate a knowledge and understanding of the underlying principles and philosophies of Business Change, including those that relate to business and IS strategy, business improvement definition, designing and implementing business change, and business change management. They should also have an appreciation of the key techniques that can be employed to support the business change life-cycle. The syllabus reflects general and well-established best practice for business change work.
This certificate is suitable either for those wishing to subsequently pursue the individual topic areas in more detail, or those from other disciplines, including business domains, who require an understanding of the subject.
If you are taking a BCS exam you must bring photographic identification (passport, driving license or student card) as it is a BCS requirement to produce it for the invigilator prior to the exam. Failure to produce a valid form of photographic identification will result in a candidate not being able to sit the exam. For any questions about what form of identification is acceptable please contact your Account Manager.
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Business and IT Alignment (5 topics)
- The external and internal business environments for organisations Organisational cultures
- National cultures
- The implications of culture for business change projects
- Corporate and IT governance and the relevance to benefits management and risk management
- Elements of an Enterprise Architecture
Business Improvement Definition (8 topics)
- Investigating the business situation: rationale and techniques
- Holistic approach and systems thinking
- Gap analysis: purpose and approach
- Business requirements elicitation and approach
- The contents of the business case
- Stakeholder responsibilities and the business case
- The business case lifecycle
- Programme definition
Business Change Design (5 topics)
- Aspects of organisational change
- Aspects of people change
- Aspects of process change
- Information analysis and modelling
- Aspects of information technology
Business Change Implementation (5 topics)
- Planning the acquisition, deployment and acceptance
- Acquiring the solution
- Deploying the solution
- Ensuring acceptance
- Reviewing the change
Benefits Management and Realisation (7 topics)
- Benefits Measurement in the business change lifecycle
- Classifying benefits
- Investment appraisal techniques
- Benefits and the Balanced Business Scorecard, CSFs and KPIs
- Roles and responsibilities in benefits management
- The purpose, conduct and outcomes of a benefit review
- Benefits realisation: purpose and challenges
Please select from the dates below to make an enquiry or booking.
Different pricing structures are available including special offers. These include early bird, late availability, multi-place, corporate volume and self-funding rates. Please arrange a discussion with a training advisor to discover your most cost effective option.