Access 2010 Level 1
Book Now - 1 Delivery Method Available:Scheduled Online Onsite
You will create and modify new databases and their various objects. The target students for this course are students who wish to learn the basic operations of the Microsoft Access Database program to perform their day-to-day responsibilities, and to understand the advantages that using a relational database program can bring to their business processes. The Level 1 course is for the individual whose job responsibilities include designing and creating new databases, tables, and relationships; creating and maintaining records; locating records; and producing reports based on the information in the database. It also provides the fundamental knowledge and techniques needed to advance to more complex Access responsibilities such as maintaining databases and using programming techniques that enhance Access applications.
Delegates will learn how to:
- Identify the components of the Microsoft Access 2010 environment.
- Identify the components of a database.
- Organize data in tables.
- View data in tables.
- Query a database.
- Design forms.
- Generate reports.
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Getting Started with Access 2010 (3 topics)
- Identify the Elements of the User Interface
- Identify the Tabs and Commands on the Ribbon
- Obtain Help in Access
Identifying the Components of a Database (3 topics)
- Define Database Concepts
- Identify the Components of a Database
- Examine the Relational Database Design Process
Organizing Data in Tables (3 topics)
- Create a Table
- Modify Table Data and Properties
- Create a Table Relationship
Viewing Data in Tables (3 topics)
- Sort Records
- Filter Records
- View Data from Related Tables
Querying a Database (4 topics)
- Create a Query
- Add Criteria to a Query
- Add a Calculated Field to a Query
- Perform Calculations on a Record Grouping
Designing Forms (3 topics)
- Create a Form
- View Data Using an Access Form
- Modify a Form
Generating Reports (6 topics)
- View an Access Report
- Create a Report
- Add a Calculated Field to a Report
- Format the Controls in a Report
- Apply a Theme to a Report
- Prepare a Report for Print
Delegates should be able to: * Use a mouse * Type and use a keyboard * Navigate through Windows files and folders * Work with Windows – minimise, maximise, open and close