Systems Security Certified Practitioner
Book Now - 3 Delivery Methods Available:Classroom Virtual Classroom Private Group - Virtual Self-Paced Online
The (ISC)2 Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP) certification covers seven domains which they describe as ‘the compendium of topics pertaining to an Information Systems Security Practitioner’, the CBK (Common Body of Knowledge). The seven domains maps directly to the seven modules of this course listed below, it is referred to as a taxonomy or collection of past, present and future topics around Information Security.
The SSCP is aimed at security go-to-people, on the front line of a business dealing with technologies employed to protect Information. If you are responsible for implementing and maintaining countermeasures such as Firewalls, Intrusion Detection or Prevention, Anti-Virus solutions or Public Key Infrastructures and you want a certification to attest to your skills and professionalism within Information Security, this is it.
(ISC)2 SSCP. The exam is not a part of the course, delegates will be required to book their own exam through (ISC)2 and should reference www.isc2.org for a schedule.
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Access Controls (5 topics)
- Identification Authentication Authorisation and Accounting
- Logical Access Controls (Subjects accessing Objects)
- Implementing Authentication
- Access Control Models, MAC, DAC, NDAC and RBAC
- TCSEC, ITSEC and Common Criteria
Cryptography (4 topics)
- Public Key Infrastructure's
- Confidentiality and Integrity
- Digital Signatures
- Transmission Security
Malicious Code and Activity (4 topics)
- Viruses, Trojan's, Worms and their characteristics
- Anatomy of an attack
- Hackers and Crackers
- Incident detection and prevention, tools and techniques
Monitoring and Analysis (4 topics)
- Security Auditing and Frameworks
- Vulnerability and Penetration Testing
- IDS and IPS and Firewalls
- Logging and Monitoring
Networks and Communications (4 topics)
- OSI and Networking Technologies
- TCP/IP and LAN based protocols
- Remote Access Protocols
- Wireless Security
Risk, Response and Recovery (4 topics)
- Risk Management
- Business Continuity Planning
- Disaster Recovery Planning
- Incident Response and Forensics
Security Operations and Administration (4 topics)
- Policies, Standards and Guidelines
- Change and Configuration Management
- System Development Lifecycle
- Security best practices
If you wish to sit the SSCP exam you must have one year working in the Information Security arena, covering at least one of the domains from the SSCP CBK. Proof of this must be supplied to (ISC)2.
Please select from the dates below to make an enquiry or booking.
Different pricing structures are available including special offers. These include early bird, late availability, multi-place, corporate volume and self-funding rates. Please arrange a discussion with a training advisor to discover your most cost effective option.