M2433: MS Visual Basic Scripting Edition and Microsoft Windows Script Host Essentials
Book Now - 1 Delivery Method Available:Scheduled Online Onsite
The goal of this course is to teach Microsoft Windows® 2000 operating system administrators how to take advantage of Windows Script Host (WSH) by using the Microsoft Visual Basic® Scripting Edition (VBScript) language. They will be able to develop real world scripts that they can use to manage Windows 2000 networks.
This course also provides an overview of other technologies where you can use script, such as Active Server Pages (ASP), Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI), and third-party Component Object Model (COM) components.
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Overview of Windows Scripting Technologies (4 topics)
- Introduction to WSH
- Running Scripts
- Working with Scripts
- Comparing VBScript and Visual Basic
Working with Objects (4 topics)
- Object Terminology
- Creating and Using Objects
- Understanding Object Models
- Common Object Models
Script Logic (6 topics)
- Fundamental VBScript Rules
- Variables, Constants, and Data Types
- Conditions and Loops
- Script Layout
Error Handling and Debugging (2 topics)
- Error Handling
Understanding ADSI (9 topics)
- ADSI Overview
- Binding with ADSI
- ADSI Objects
- Searching Active Directory
- Creating New ADSI Objects
- Setting Security in Active Directory
- Managing Shares with ADSI
- Controlling Services Using ADSI
- ADSI Resources
Creating Logon Scripts (5 topics)
- Verifying the WSH Environment
- Common Logon Script Tasks
- Managing Logon Scripts
- Troubleshooting Logon Scripts
- Best Practices
Administrative Script (8 topics)
- Script Arguments
- Working with Event Logs
- Generating E-Mail Messages
- Managing the Registry
- Working with Drives, Folders, and Files
- Setting Folder-Level and File-Level Security
- Scheduling Scripts
- Best Practices
Beyond the Basics (5 topics)
- Windows Script Files
- Using COM Components
- Scripting Microsoft Office
- ASP Pages
- Practical experience using and administering Windows 2000.
- Practical experience using and administering the Active Directory directory service.
- Practical experience using and administering system security.
- Practical experience using and administering services.
- Practical experience using systems management information.
- Awareness of the potential uses of logon scripts.