M2433: MS Visual Basic Scripting Edition and Microsoft Windows Script Host Essentials
This course has been retired. Please view currently available Microsoft Visual Studio Training Courses.
Overview of Windows Scripting Technologies (4 topics)
- Introduction to WSH
- Running Scripts
- Working with Scripts
- Comparing VBScript and Visual Basic
Working with Objects (4 topics)
- Object Terminology
- Creating and Using Objects
- Understanding Object Models
- Common Object Models
Script Logic (6 topics)
- Fundamental VBScript Rules
- Variables, Constants, and Data Types
- Conditions and Loops
- Script Layout
Error Handling and Debugging (2 topics)
- Error Handling
Understanding ADSI (9 topics)
- ADSI Overview
- Binding with ADSI
- ADSI Objects
- Searching Active Directory
- Creating New ADSI Objects
- Setting Security in Active Directory
- Managing Shares with ADSI
- Controlling Services Using ADSI
- ADSI Resources
Creating Logon Scripts (5 topics)
- Verifying the WSH Environment
- Common Logon Script Tasks
- Managing Logon Scripts
- Troubleshooting Logon Scripts
- Best Practices
Administrative Script (8 topics)
- Script Arguments
- Working with Event Logs
- Generating E-Mail Messages
- Managing the Registry
- Working with Drives, Folders, and Files
- Setting Folder-Level and File-Level Security
- Scheduling Scripts
- Best Practices
Beyond the Basics (5 topics)
- Windows Script Files
- Using COM Components
- Scripting Microsoft Office
- ASP Pages
Before attending this course, students must have:
- Practical experience using and administering Windows 2000.
- Practical experience using and administering the Active Directory directory service.
- Practical experience using and administering system security.
- Practical experience using and administering services.
- Practical experience using systems management information.
- Awareness of the potential uses of logon scripts.