Troubleshooting JUNOS Platforms
Book Now - 1 Delivery Method Available:Scheduled Online Onsite
This course provides students with the foundational knowledge required to troubleshoot Juniper Networks platforms running JUNOS Software. The course also provides a brief overview of the device families that run JUNOS Software and discusses the key architectural components of the devices. This course is based on JUNOS Software version 9.5R1.8.
Through demonstrations and hands-on labs, students will gain experience in troubleshooting and monitoring JUNOS Software and basic device operations.
After successfully completing this course, you should be able to:
- Describe current JUNOS platforms offerings.
- Describe general installation procedures.
- Explain the architecture of platforms running JUNOS Software.
- Describe the function of JUNOS platform components.
- Describe layered troubleshooting methodology.
- Use various troubleshooting tools.
- Explain Juniper Networks Technical Assistance Center (JTAC) recommendations for current troubleshooting best practices.
- Troubleshoot platforms running JUNOS Software using visual indicators.
- Troubleshoot platforms running JUNOS Software using the CLI.
- Troubleshoot JUNOS platform interfaces. and
- Describe recommended JTAC troubleshooting processes and guidelines.
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Overview of JUNOS Platforms (4 topics)
- Overview of Platforms Running JUNOS Software
- Installation and Handling Guidelines
- Platform Architecture and Components
- Interface Overview
Troubleshooting Tool Kit for Platforms Running JUNOS Software (5 topics)
- Caveats and Warnings
- Troubleshooting Methodology
- Troubleshooting Tools
- Best-Practices Case Study
- Lab 1: JUNOS Troubleshooting Tools
Hardware Troubleshooting (5 topics)
- Hardware Troubleshooting Overview
- Power-Up, Power-Down, and Boot Media
- Using the CLI to Troubleshoot
- Case Study
- Lab 2: Chassis Hardware Troubleshooting
Interface Troubleshooting (5 topics)
- Interface Configuration Overview
- General Interface Troubleshooting
- Media-Specific Interface Troubleshooting
- Case Study
- Lab 3: Interface Troubleshooting
JTAC Processes, Guidelines, and Support Resources (3 topics)
- Opening a Support Case
- Support Services
- How to Use FTP to Send Files to JTAC
JUNOS Platform Details (4 topics)
- Primary Components and Characteristics of Multiservice Edge Routers (M Series and T Series)
- Primary Components and Characteristics of Ethernet Services Routers and Switches (MX Series and EX Series)
- Primary Components and Characteristics of Security Services Gateways (SRX Series)
- End-of-Life Products
Packet Flow Details (3 topics)
- Describe the real-time operating system packet flow
- Describe the ABC chipset packet flow
- Describe the LMNR chipset packet flow
The courses below may help you meet the knowledge level required to take this course. If you are unsure please ask a training advisor .
Introduction to the JUNOS Operating System
This 1-day course provides an overview of the JUNOS Operating System.