Accelerated MCTS Exchange 2007 Configuring
This course has been retired. Please view currently available Microsoft Exchange Server Training Courses.
Course Topics (6 topics)
- Installing and configuring Exchange servers
- Creating and modifying recipients and public folders
- Maintaining and optimizing the messaging system
- Monitoring and reporting on the messaging system
- Troubleshooting messaging issues
- Managing data recovery and disaster recovery of a messaging environment
* Experience using these tools and applications: NTBackup command; NSLookup command; Windows Explorer; Microsoft Management Console (MMC); Active Directory Users and Computers; Active Directory Sites and Services; Internet Information Services (IIS) Admin; Outlook * Working knowledge of Windows server operating system. For example, how storage is configured, basic backup and restore techniques, and what a client/server application interaction means. * Working knowledge of network technologies. For example, what Transmission Control Protocol (TCP/IP) and Domain Name System (DNS) do and how to use them, basic routing concepts (Wide Area Networks (WAN) vs. Local Area Network (LAN) router vs. switch vs. hub). * Working knowledge of Active Directory. For example, how user objects are managed, what is stored in Active Directory partitions, basic architectures (domain, forest, sites, etc.), and how domain controllers are managed. Also, site and site connector configuration, schema and configuration partitions, and Global Catalogs. * Conceptual understanding of e-mail technologies For example, that Simple Mail Transport Protocol (SMTP) is a protocol used for e-mail and the differences between transport protocols and client access protocols (Post Office Protocol (POP), Internet Access Message Protocol (IMAP), SMTP).