P3O Foundation Certificate
Book Now - 2 Delivery Methods Available:Scheduled Online Onsite
Portfolio, Programme and Project Offices (P3O) is the OGC’s (Office of Government Commerce) guidance for establishing, developing and maintaining appropriate business support structures that will allow improved senior management decision making, better identification and realisation of business outcomes and benefits, and improve the chances of successful project delivery.
P3O is aligned to the current MSP, PRINCE2, and M_o_R guidance and has been developed to enhance the support advice referred to in that guidance.
P3O is not a proscriptive method. It does however provide advice for those organisations that wish to create (or re-energise) effective support structures that can provide a focal point for defining a balanced portfolio of change and ensure a consistent approach to the delivery of programmes and projects.
The P3O foundation course comprises three days of trainer led instruction with practical exercises, culminating in the foundation examination. The aim of the course is to provide delegates with a comprehensive and applied understanding of the P3O advice and to prepare delegates for the P3O Foundation Certificate examination.
The course fee includes the latest copy of the P3O manual and the examination fee for the Foundation examination.
Delegates will learn how to:
- Understand how the portfolio, programmes and projects relate
- Understand why it is important to provide appropriate support at all levels
- Identify a ‘best-in-class’ P3O model
- Identify different models for support provision
- Recognise the roles within a P3O
- Apply the main P3O principles
- Identify the tools and techniques that support consistent delivery of functions and services
- Tailor support offices to a specific business environment
- Scale P3O provision for use with different programmes and projects
- Prepare for and take the P3O Foundation examination as administered by the Association of Project Managers Group (APMG)
The course is intensive and delegates are advised to undertake some revision work in the evenings to prepare for the P3O® Foundation examination that is taken at the end of the course.
Introduction and Overview (3 topics)
- Portfolio, Programmes and Projects
- High level P3O model
- P3O Roles
Why have a P3O? (4 topics)
- The value of a P3O
- Adding Value
- Extracting Value
- P3O capability and linked benefits
P3O Models (4 topics)
- Different models
- Sizing and Tailoring an appropriate model
- Integrating to P3O in an organisation
- P3O maturity and evolution
P3O Roles (3 topics)
- Skills and competencies
- Staffing a P3O office
- Management, generic, and functional roles
Tools and Techniques (5 topics)
- Collaborative and integrated tools
- Tools and techniques - key benefits
- Management dashboards
- Facilitated workshops
- Business process 'swimlanes'
P3O Implementation (3 topics)
- Definition Stage and its key activities
- The Blueprint
- P3O information flows
Delegates need at least a basic awareness of portfolio, programme and project principles. Delegates must have followed the pre-work guidance prior to attending the course.
Please select from the dates below to make an enquiry or booking.
Different levels of discounts are available, ranging from 5 to 50%. These include early bird, late availability, multi-place, corporate volume and self-funding rates. Please arrange a discussion with a training advisor to discover your most cost effective option.
Leeds (City Exchange)
Manchester (Oxford St)