Green IT Awareness
Book Now - 1 Delivery Method Available:Scheduled Online Onsite
Every organisation now faces the challenge of providing cost effective quality services, against a background of economic downturn, volatile energy costs and an obligation to the environment to reduce its carbon footprint. These organisations are also increasingly looking towards its IT / IS group to lead the way and assist the organisation to realise its objectives to becoming greener.
There is a common consensus across all industry sectors that organisations have a responsibility to cut their carbon dioxide emissions if the effects of climate change are to be addressed. The IT community is in a prime position to lead their organisations in achieving this requirement.
Whether it is by implementing simple efficiencies such as encouraging companies to utilise their IT assets for longer or more complex remedies such as server virtualisation, IT can lead the way in helping deliver an organisation’s green credentials.
This course provides an introduction to the subject of Green IT for:
- Anyone involved in procurement, provision, support, and delivery of Information Technology
- Anyone with an interest in how IT can assist an individual or organisation reduce their carbon emissions and output
- Individuals who have the responsibility of delivering an Organisation’s Green initiatives, IT or otherwise
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Course Topics (7 topics)
- Understanding the definition of "Green IT"
- Identify the political, environmental, social and legal drivers for Green IT
- Explain the business benefits of adopting a Green IT strategy
- Identify an organisation's external drivers for change
- Understand the practicalities of energy efficiencies
- Understand the roles and responsibilities associated with Green IT
- How to identify and baseline your organisation's current Green IT credentials