Verbal Communication Skills
This course has been retired. Please view currently available Personal Skills Training Courses.
Course Topics (15 topics)
- What happens when a conversation goes wrong?
- What is your definition of effective communication?
- What are the prerequisites for effective communication?
- What type of communicator are you and what does that mean?
- Non-verbal communication - the impact of body language.
- Communication and your thought process.
- The relationship of thoughts, feelings and behaviours.
- Handling negative feelings and the intervention process.
- Improved questioning and listening skills.
- The rapport triangle.
- Transactional analysis.
- The fundamentals of assertiveness.
- An assertiveness model.
- Making your case - behaviour styles.
- Completion of a personal action plan.