Verbal Communication Skills
Book Now - 1 Delivery Method Available:Scheduled Online Onsite
Do you want to be able to get your message across clearly?
Do you want to be able to establish and maintain co-operative workplace relationships?
The ability to communicate effectively is a key skill. This course will help you to develop communication skills that will lead to positive results when dealing with customers and colleagues.
You will benefit from this course if you want to improve your confidence when building relationships with others; face to face, in meetings or on the telephone.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Define effective communication
- Demonstrate listening and questioning skills effectively
- Identify how your inner thinking affects the way you communicate
- State the relevance of non-verbal communication
- Recognise the impact of your communication style on others using recognised models
- Describe the importance of assertiveness and its impact on communication.
Course Topics (15 topics)
- What happens when a conversation goes wrong?
- What is your definition of effective communication?
- What are the prerequisites for effective communication?
- What type of communicator are you and what does that mean?
- Non-verbal communication - the impact of body language.
- Communication and your thought process.
- The relationship of thoughts, feelings and behaviours.
- Handling negative feelings and the intervention process.
- Improved questioning and listening skills.
- The rapport triangle.
- Transactional analysis.
- The fundamentals of assertiveness.
- An assertiveness model.
- Making your case - behaviour styles.
- Completion of a personal action plan.