APMP for PRINCE2 Practitioners
Book Now - 3 Delivery Methods Available:Classroom Virtual Classroom Private Group - Virtual Self-Paced Online
Project management methods, of which PRINCE2® is the paradigm, offer the project manager a tried and tested structure and guidance in support of 'what, when, where and who', with two notable exceptions; PRINCE2® offers very limited guidance on 'why' and 'how', in that there are no detailed project management tools and techniques covered as part of the method. This is the remit of the PMQ: The APM Project Management Qualification for PRINCE2® Practitioners course and examination.
This three-day course provides delegates with comprehensive knowledge and understanding to prepare them for the Project Management Qualification. It recognises the prior learning that a PRINCE2® Practitioner has attained by removing from the examinable syllabus, topics that would have already been assessed within the PRINCE2® Practitioner Exam.
It will enable delegates to:
- Understand all elements of the PMQ syllabus
- Get to grips with the specific examination language
- Learn strategies and tactics for approaching the examination
The course is intensive and therefore delegates are expected to undertake revision work in the evening to prepare for the examination that will be taken at the end of the course. The additional work required during evenings will comprise consolidation reading and mock examination questions. The evening work is integral to the course and delegates should expect to spend two to three hours each evening on these activities.
At the end of this course you will be able to:
- Describe the management structure by which projects operate
- Explain the structure of project lifecycles
- Examine contexts and environments in which projects are delivered
- Define governance of project management and the use of structured methodologies
- Plan and manage communication in the project environment
- Explain principles of leadership and teamwork
- Recognise the importance of stakeholder management
- Apply project management planning techniques for success
- Describe project scope management
- Define and develop scheduling and resource management
- Prepare for effective project procurement
Please note, this course does not include the exam in the cost for events before 5th October 2020. To book the exam and take it at the end of your course please book on code APMP4P2-EX with one of our team.
For all events from 5th Otober the exam will be included.
Key exam information:
- Two hours duration
- Six essay-based questions to be selected from a total of ten. Each is worth 50 marks
- Candidates are required to achieve a minimum of 165 marks out of 00 (55%) to pass
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Contexts and environments in which projects can be delivered (4 topics)
- Organisation, project office
- Life cycle models, extended life cycle
- Operations management, programme management, portfolio management, project environment, Health and Safety
- Governance of project management, role of structured methods in project governance
Planning for success (7 topics)
- Information Management
- Estimating techniques
- Earned Value Management
- Stakeholder management
- Scope management, requirements management
- Time scheduling, Critical Path Analysis, Gantt charts, resource scheduling, Resource Smoothing and Levelling
- Budgeting and cost control
Specific Techniques (1 topic)
- Procurement in projects, procurement strategy, contracts and contractual relationships, provider selection and management
Examination Guidelines (1 topic)
- Extensive examination practice and feedback is included in the workshop. The PMQ examination is normally scheduled for 14:00 on the final day of the course.
Communication within project management (4 topics)
- Importance of effective communications, communications within projects, communications plan
- Conflict management, negotiation
- Leadership, motivation, leadership styles
- Characteristics of teams and teamwork, creation, development and management of teams
This course is intended for project managers and aspiring project managers with at least two years project experience and hold a current PRINCE2® Practitioner qualification.
Delegates should have experience of working in a project environment and have a basic understanding of project management issues.
- This is an intensive three-day course and delegates will be expected to undertake around 15 hours pre-course work in order to be fully prepared.
- Delegates will be provided with pre-course reading by email prior to attending the course. Success on the course will be enhanced by close attention to the pre-reading materials.
- Delegates who have not received pre-course reading material within one week of the start of the course should contact their Account Manager.
The courses below may help you meet the knowledge level required to take this course. If you are unsure please ask a training advisor .
PRINCE2 2017 Foundation and Practitioner
A 5-day Training Course on PRINCE2 2017 Foundation and Practitioner; provides delegates with a comprehensive and applied understanding of PRINCE2
Please select from the dates below to make an enquiry or booking.
Different pricing structures are available including special offers. These include early bird, late availability, multi-place, corporate volume and self-funding rates. Please arrange a discussion with a training advisor to discover your most cost effective option.
Virtual Classroom (Attend From Anywhere)
London (Int Hse)
Manchester (Oxford St)
Virtual Classroom (Virtual On-Line)