Effective Vendor Relationships
This course has been retired. Please view currently available Business Development Training Courses.
Course Topics (17 topics)
- Personal objectives for the course.
- What is your organisation's culture?
- The current client-vendor relationship.
- Benefits of working effectively with your vendor.
- Experiential learning activity.
- The client-vendor matrix.
- Client-vendor relationship competencies.
- The attitude-behaviour cycle.
- Building rapport and communication models.
- Questioning and listening skills.
- Objectives setting.
- Control mechanisms.
- Manipulation and defensiveness.
- Influencing strategies.
- Dealing with conflict.
- Assessing your methods of dealing with conflict and using appropriate modes.
- Completion of a personal action plan.
There are no specific prerequisites but it is expected that delegates will be responsible for managing partner and vendor relationships