Installing and managing Microsoft Application Virtualization, APP-V
Book Now - 1 Delivery Method Available:Scheduled Online Onsite
This customized three-day instructor-led course based on the M7197 will enable attendees to gain an insight in to all of the tools available in Microsoft Desktop Optimization Pack (MDOP). The course will start with an overview of all of the MDOP 2008R2 components. The course will then go on to focus on the installation and management of a Microsoft Application Virtualization (APP-V) environment using the 4.5 version of APP-V (Formally known as SoftGrid).
After completing this course, students will walk away with a deep understanding of the Application Virtualization environment and be able to install, configure, administer, and troubleshoot the components. Students will also be aware of the other components of MDOP and understand their position in the desktop management process.
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Optimizing Windows Desktop Management in the Enterprise (1 topic)
- This module explains key desktop manageability challenges and identifies MDOP applications that can address those challenges.
Introduction to the Microsoft Application Virtualization Management System (1 topic)
- This module explains application virtualization concepts and how the components of Microsoft Application Virtualization Management system address the various phases of the Application Management Lifecycle.
Application Virtualization Management Architecture (1 topic)
- This module explains the general architecture of Application Virtualization Management.
Planning and Deploying the Application Virtualization Management System (1 topic)
- This module explains how to plan the supporting infrastructure and determine the appropriate deployment scenario and installation for an Application Virtualization Management System.
Planning and Installing the Application Virtualization Client (1 topic)
- This module explains how to plan for the deployment of the Application Virtualization Client and then install and perform client configuration tasks.
Administering the Application Virtualization Management Server (1 topic)
- This module explains how to use the Application Virtualization Management Console to publish applications into the application virtualization environment and configure active upgrades.
Advanced Application Virtualization Administration Tasks (1 topic)
- This module explains how to create new provider policies to apply specific settings such as license enforcement to specific users.
Planning and Deploying the Application Virtualization Sequencer (1 topic)
- This module explains how to perform various sequence scenarios using the Application Virtualization Sequencer.
Advanced Sequencing (1 topic)
- This module explains how to perform advanced sequence scenarios.
The primary audience is IT Professionals focusing on desktop configuration, which could include Network Administrators, SMS Administrators, Field Consultants, Technical Business Consultants, and any other technical worker that is responsible for the types of tasks that can be automated or improved through the Application Virtualisation.