M6367: Introduction to Object Oriented Programming using Microsoft Visual Studio 2008
Book Now - 1 Delivery Method Available:Scheduled Online Onsite
This three-day instructor led course will enable attendees to start designing and developing object-oriented applications using Visual Studio 2008. Attendees will learn object-oriented concepts including classes, methods, properties, inheritance, and interfaces. Also they will learn how to identify opportunities to use these concepts in design, and how to implement these object-oriented concepts using Visual Studio 2008.
Delegates will learn how to:
- Describe the fundamentals of getting started with object-oriented development and review Visual Studio 2008 features.
- Describe classes and their importance in the basic structure of an object-oriented application.
- Add properties and methods to implement the internal functionality of a class.
- Implement inheritance, abstraction and polymorphism to reduce code duplication.
- Create structures that emphasize code reusability.
- Implement interfaces to establish “common” relationships between classes, reduce code dependencies, and facilitate code.
- Create an object-oriented structure design from a business problem.
- Create object-oriented structures based on their knowledge of classes, properties, methods, inheritance, and interfaces.
- Create and use delegates, events and exceptions to establish interclass communications.
- Design class interactions based on a set of business requirements.
- Design class interactions using methods, events, delegates and exceptions.
- Evaluate techniques to improve their own design.
- Evaluate a design pattern and determine its applicability to a business scenario.
- Create and maintain updatable units of software by deploying components and class libraries.
- Maintain an application without deploying the entire application.
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Getting Started with Object-Oriented Programming (6 topics)
- Introduction to Object-Oriented Programming
- Creating Projects in Visual Studio 2008
- Coding in Visual Studio 2008
- Productivity Features in Visual Studio 2008
- Debugging Visual Studio Applications
- Lab: Getting Started with Object-Oriented Development in Visual Studio 2008
Implementing Classes, Properties and Methods (5 topics)
- Creating Classes
- Implementing Properties within a Class
- Implementing Methods within a Class
- Using Classes, Properties and Methods
- Lab: Implementing Classes with Properties and Methods in Visual Studio 2008
Implementing Inheritance, Abstraction, and Polymorphism (5 topics)
- Introduction to Inheritance and Abstraction
- Implementing Inheritance and Abstraction
- Introduction to Polymorphism
- Implementing a Polymorphic Structure
- Lab: Implementing Inheritance and Abstraction
Implementing Interfaces (3 topics)
- Introduction to Interfaces
- Implementing a Custom Interface
- Lab:Implementing Interfaces
Designing Object-Oriented Structures (5 topics)
- Establishing Classes from Business Requirements
- Adding Inheritance to the Design
- Adding Interfaces to the Design
- Reviewing and Refining the Design
- Lab: Designing Object-Oriented Structures
Implementing Delegates, Events, and Exceptions (8 topics)
- Introduction to Delegates
- Implementing Delegates
- Introduction to Events
- Implementing Events
- Introduction to Exceptions
- Implementing Exceptions
- Lab: Implementing Delegates, Events
- Lab: Implementing Exceptions
Designing Object Collaboration (6 topics)
- Introduction to Class Interactions
- Adding Interactions to a Design
- Evaluating the Design
- Introduction to Patterns
- Lab: Designing Object-Oriented Collaboration
- and Class Libraries
Deploying Components and Class Libraries (4 topics)
- Introduction to Components and Class Libraries
- Deploying a Component/Class Library
- Best Practices for Deploying a Component/Class Library
- Lab: Deploying Components