Project 2007 Level 1
Book Now - 1 Delivery Method Available:Scheduled Online Onsite
You need to gather information about the various tasks involved, resources required to accomplish the tasks, and the overall cost in order to plan a project. Microsoft® Office Project Professional 2007 acts as a tool that assists you in managing your projects. In this course, you will create and modify a project plan.
On completing this course, you will be able to:
- Explore the Microsoft Office Project environment and the various views in which you can survey a project file.- Create a new project plan.
- Manage tasks by organising them and setting task relationships.
- Manage resources for a project.
- Finalise the project plan
Getting Started with Microsoft Project (2 topics)
- Explore the Microsoft Project 2007 Environment
- Display an Existing Project Plan in Different Views
Creating a Project Plan (5 topics)
- Create a New Project Plan
- Assign a Project Calendar
- Add Tasks to the Project Plan
- Enter the Task Duration Estimates
- Add Resources in the Project Plan
Managing Tasks in a Project Plan (6 topics)
- Outline Tasks
- Add a Recurring Task
- Link Dependant Tasks
- Set a Constraint to a Task
- Set a Task Deadline
- Add Notes to a Task
Managing Resources in a Project Plan (6 topics)
- Create a Resource Calendar
- Assign Resources to Tasks
- Assign Additional Resources to a Task
- Enter Costs for Resources
- Enter Values for Budget Resources
- Resolve Resource Conflicts
Finalizing the Project Plan (4 topics)
- Display the Critical Path
- Shorten the Project Duration
- Set a Baseline
- Print a Project Summary Report
The following would be helpful, but are not required: - A basic knowledge of Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel. Students should have the following: - An understanding of project management concepts. - Knowledge of a Windows operating system, either Windows XP or Windows Vista.