Microsoft Project Advanced
Book Now - 2 Delivery Methods Available:Classroom Virtual Classroom Private Group - Virtual Self-Paced Online
You have already learnt how to create a task list with suitable dependencies, durations and how to assign and manage resources in Microsoft Project.
You will now see how to manage multiple projects side-by-side, share resources across projects, exchange project plan data with other applications via import and export, plus manage cost effectively. You will use some advanced tracking techniques to add progress to project plans, customise elements and reuse project plan information. Crucially you will see how to report on your project in and out of Microsoft Project.
Note, this course does not cover browser based versions of Microsoft Project, such as Project for the Web, Project Online or Project Web App.
At the end of this course you will be able to:
- Manage project costs
- Consolidate and reuse project plan information
- Exchange project plan data with other applications
- Update a project plan
- Edit existing and create custom reports
- Customise Project to meet specific requirements
This course is designed for a person who has an existing understanding of project management concepts, who already has the skills to create and modify project plans using Microsoft Project, and who needs to use Microsoft Project to further manage and customise those plans through the implementation stage of a project.
This course is suitable for anyone using Microsoft Project Standard or Professional, versions 2013, 2016, 2019 and/or the cloud hosted Project Online Desktop Client software. Users of Microsoft Project 2010 will notice significant differences around the reporting functionality as well as the look and feel.
Please note: for Attend from Anywhere customers an additional screen is required for this course to work through remote desktop labs and view training information.
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Module 1: Manage Costs in Microsoft Project (4 topics)
- Topic A: Create Different Cost Rates for Resources
- Topic B: Change the Resource Cost on Individual Tasks
- Topic C: Alter Costs Based on Time Periods
- Topic D: Assign Overtime Costs and Work to Resources
Module 2: Working with Multiple Projects (5 topics)
- Topic A: Combining Multiple Projects as a Programme
- Topic B: Creating a Shared Resource Pool
- Topic C: Assigning Resources using a Resource Pool
- Topic D: Using Cost Rate Tables with a Resource Pool
- Topic E: Identifying the Critical Path or Paths in a Programme
Module 3: Import and Export Information (4 topics)
- Topic A: File Formats Supported by Microsoft Project
- Topic B: Mapping Project Information
- Topic C: Exporting Microsoft Project Information
- Topic D: Importing Information into Microsoft Project
Module 4: Tracking Progress and Project Actuals (5 topics)
- Topic A: Moving a Project
- Topic B: Entering Task Progress as Scheduled
- Topic C: Updating and Monitoring Progress using a Status Date
- Topic D: Updating Actuals
- Topic E: Reschedule Incomplete Work
Module 5: Reporting on Projects (5 topics)
- Topic A: Reporting on Progress
- Topic B: Manipulate Built-In Reports
- Topic C: Earned Value Reporting
- Topic D: Work with Multiple Baselines
- Topic E: Distribute Project Data in Other Formats
Module 6: Customising Microsoft Project (8 topics)
- Topic A: Working with the Timeline Feature
- Topic B: Create Custom Fields
- Topic C: Create Custom Filters
- Topic D: Create Custom Tables
- Topic E: Create Custom Views
- Topic F: Create Custom Reports
- Topic G: Create Templates
- Topic H: Using the Organizer
Appendices (4 topics)
- Appendix 1: Calculation Options with Status Date
- Appendix 2: Using Interim Plans
- Appendix 3: Calculation Options with Status Date
- Appendix 4: Using Interim Plans
An understanding of project management concepts.
You will know how to:
- Create a Project plan from scratch
- Set dependencies between tasks
- Assign resources to tasks in a plan
- Add standard progress to a plan
The courses below may help you meet the knowledge level required to take this course.
Microsoft Project 2016 Introduction
This 2-day course provides the skills required to create and modify a project plan and track and report on its status with Microsoft Project 2016.Classroom Virtual Classroom Private Group - Virtual Self-Paced Online
Please select from the dates below to make an enquiry or booking.
Different pricing structures are available including special offers. These include early bird, late availability, multi-place, corporate volume and self-funding rates. Please arrange a discussion with a training advisor to discover your most cost effective option.
Virtual Classroom (Virtual On-Line)