Microsoft Project 2016 Advanced
Book Now - 2 Delivery Methods Available:Scheduled Virtual Onsite
You have already learnt how to create and edit basic plans in Microsoft Project 2016. You will now see how to manage cost effectively and track the progress of plans in Project. You will exchange project plan data with other applications, customise elements and reuse project plan information.
At the end of this course you will be able to:
- Manage project costs
- Consolidate and reuse project plan information
- Exchange project plan data with other applications
- Update a project plan
- Edit existing and create custom reports
- Customise Project to meet specific requirements
This course is designed for a person who has an understanding of project management concepts, who has the basic skills to create and modify project plans using Microsoft Project 2016, and who needs to use Microsoft Project 2016 to manage and customise those plans through the implementation stage of a project.
Please note: for Attend from Anywhere customers an additional screen is required for this course to work through remote desktop labs and view training information.
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Manage Costs in Microsoft Project (4 topics)
- Topic A: Create Different Cost Rates for Resources
- Topic B: Change the Resource Cost on Individual Tasks
- Topic C: Alter Costs Based on Time Periods
- Topic D: Assign Overtime Costs and Work to Resources
Working with Multiple Projects (5 topics)
- Topic A: Combining Multiple Projects as a Programme
- Topic B: Creating a Shared Resource Pool
- Topic C: Assigning Resources using a Resource Pool
- Topic D: Using Cost Rate Tables with a Resource Pool
- Topic E: Identifying the Critical Path or Paths in a Programme
Import and Export Information (4 topics)
- Topic A: File Formats Supported by Microsoft Project
- Topic B: Mapping Project Information
- Topic C: Exporting Microsoft Project Information
- Topic D: Importing Information into Microsoft Project
Tracking Progress and Project Actuals (5 topics)
- Topic A: Moving a Project
- Topic B: Entering Task Progress as Scheduled
- Topic C: Updating and Monitoring Progress using a Status Date
- Topic D: Updating Actuals
- Topic E: Reschedule Incomplete Work
Reporting on Projects (5 topics)
- Topic A: Reporting on Progress
- Topic B: Manipulate Built-In Reports
- Topic C: Earned Value Reporting
- Topic D: Work with Multiple Baselines
- Topic E: Distribute Project Data in Other Formats
Customising Microsoft Project (8 topics)
- Topic A: Working with the Timeline Feature
- Topic B: Create Custom Fields
- Topic C: Create Custom Filters
- Topic D: Create Custom Tables
- Topic E: Create Custom Views
- Topic F: Create Custom Reports
- Topic G: Create Templates
- Topic H: Using the Organizer
Appendices (2 topics)
- Appendix 1: Calculation Options with Status Date
- Appendix 2: Using Interim Plans
- An understanding of project management concepts.
- Knowledge of a Windows operating system, XP or newer.
- Knowledge equivalent to, or attendance of the Microsoft Project 2016 Introduction course.
The courses below may help you meet the knowledge level required to take this course. If you are unsure please ask a training advisor .
Microsoft Project 2016 Introduction
This 2-day course provides the skills required to create and modify a project plan and track and report on its status with Microsoft Project 2016.
Please select from the dates below to make an enquiry or booking.
Different pricing structures are available including special offers. These include early bird, late availability, multi-place, corporate volume and self-funding rates. Please arrange a discussion with a training advisor to discover your most cost effective option.