M10159: Updating Your Windows Server 2008 Technology Specialist Skills to R2
Book Now - 1 Delivery Method Available:Scheduled Online Onsite
This course is intended for IT Professionals experienced on the technologies included in Windows Server 2008 and who have a Windows Server 2008 Technical Specialist certification or equivalent knowledge.
Windows ServerTechnical Specialists (administrators) areresponsible for hands-on deployment and day-to-day management of Windows-based servers for enterprise organizations. Windows server administrators manage file and print servers, network infrastructure servers, Web servers, and IT application servers.
Delegates will learn how to:
- Deploy and manage Windows Server 2008 R2.
- Configure Active Directory in Windows Server 2008 R2.
- Configure server virtualization by using Hyper-V.
- Configure Remote Desktop Services and Virtual Desktop Infrastructure in Windows Server 2008 R2.
- Deploy and configure Remote Access Services.
- Configure Windows Server 2008 R2 features for branch offices.
- Configure and manage Windows Server 2008 R2 Web services.
- Manage Windows Server 2008 R2 with Windows PowerShell 2.0.
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Deploying and Managing Windows Server 2008 R2 (3 topics)
- Installing Windows Server 2008 R2
- Managing Windows Server 2008 R2
- Migrating Server Roles to Windows Server 2008 R2
Configuring Active Directory Services (3 topics)
- Implementing New Features in AD DS
- Implementing New Group Policy Features in AD DS
- mplementing New Features in Other Active Directory Server Roles
Configuring Server Virtualization using Hyper-V (3 topics)
- Overview of Windows Server 2008 R2 Hyper-V Features
- Implementing Live Migration in Hyper-V
- Overview of System Center Virtual Machine Manager R2
Configuring Remote Desktop Services and Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (3 topics)
- New Features in Remote Desktop Services
- Implementing Remote Desktop Services for Remote Computers
- Implementing Virtual Desktop Infrastructure
Implementing Remote Access Services (3 topics)
- Overview of DirectAccess
- Implementing DirectAccess
- Implementing VPN Reconnect and SSTP VPNs
Configuring Branch Office Deployments (3 topics)
- New Features for Optimizing Branch Office Network Access
- Implementing Branch Cache
- Configuring Branch Office Security
Configuring and Managing Windows Server 2008 R2 Web Services (3 topics)
- New Features for Managing IIS
- New Features for Securing IIS
- Configuring FTP
Managing Windows Server 2008 R2 with Windows PowerShell 2.0 (3 topics)
- Overview of Windows PowerShell
- Managing AD DS with Windows PowerShell
- Managing Server Roles with Windows PowerShell
In addition to their professional experience, students who attend this training should have the following technical knowledge: * Experience with Windows deployment technologies and implementation. * Experience with Windows networking technologies and implementation. * Experience with Active Directory technologies and implementation. * Experience with Windows Server 2008 server virtualization technologies and implementation * Experience with Windows Server 2008 Web application server technologies and implementation.