Microsoft Excel Advanced Function Writing
Book Now - 2 Delivery Methods Available:Scheduled Online Onsite
In previous Excel courses, you would have learnt to write formulas and functions to perform calculations using a variety of techniques. This course takes function writing to the next level and teaches you many more functions within Microsoft Excel. It introduces you to additional keyboard commands, shortcuts and features related to writing functions. This course is suitable for users of Microsoft Excel 2007, 2010, 2013 and 2016.
At the end of this course you will be able to:
- Work with IF and related functions with IF in their name
- Nest functions together, not just nested IFs
- Work with array functions
- Calculate with both nested and array combined functions to maximise your formula
- Manage and manipulate date and time functions in a spreadsheet
- Control text values with text related functions
- Use a variety of lookup and reference functions
- Learn the Aggregate function for filtering and conditional formatting
This course is designed for people who want to get the most out of their data by learning various analysis functions. Whether you are an account manager, an IT worker or someone who needs to regularly manipulate Microsoft Excel worksheet data, this course will show many functions and their capabilities
Please note: for Attend from Anywhere customers an additional screen is required for this course to work through remote desktop labs and view training information.
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Function Writing Review (5 topics)
- Reading Syntax
- Function Families
- Using Range Names
- SUM, AVERAGE, AVERAGEA, MIN / MAX
- COUNT / COUNTA, LARGE / SMALL, RANK
The IF Functions (5 topics)
- SUMIF / AVERAGEIF
- COUNTIF / COUNTIFS
- SUMIFS / AVERAGEIFS
Nested Functions (4 topics)
- What is a Nested Function?
- Nested IFs
Array Functions (6 topics)
- An Array Formula
- Array Functions
- Single Cell or Multiple Cell Arrays
- Single Cell or Multiple Cell Array Functions
Lookup and Reference Functions (7 topics)
- ROW / COLUMN
The Aggregate Function (2 topics)
- AGGREGATE (new Function in Excel 2010)
Date and Time Functions (9 topics)
- Dates are a Serial Number
- TODAY / NOW
- DAY / MONTH / YEAR / HOUR / MINUTE / SECOND
Working with Text Functions (8 topics)
- LEFT / RIGHT
- FIND / SEARCH
- UPPER / LOWER / PROPER
- A good working knowledge of Microsoft Windows
- A good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel 2007, 2010, 2013 or 2016
- Understand basic functions such as Sum and Average and how they are written
- Write and edit a variety of basic formulas using Excel functions
To ensure your success, we recommend the following courses have been undertaken, or equivalent knowledge gained:
- Microsoft Office Excel 2013: Introduction
- Microsoft Office Excel 2013: Intermediate
Please Note: If you attend a course and do not meet the prerequisites you may be asked to leave.
Please select from the dates below to make an enquiry or booking.
Different pricing structures are available including special offers. These include early bird, late availability, multi-place, corporate volume and self-funding rates. Please arrange a discussion with a training advisor to discover your most cost effective option.