CompTIA A+ Certification: A Comprehensive Approach for All 2009 Exam Objectives (Windows 7)
Book Now - 1 Delivery Method Available:Scheduled Online Onsite
You will install, upgrade, repair, configure, optimize, troubleshoot, and perform preventative maintenance on basic personal computer hardware and operating systems during this course.
Target Student: The target student is anyone with basic computer user skills who is interested in obtaining a job as an IT professional or PC technician. In addition, this course will help prepare students to achieve a CompTIA A+ Certification.
Due to the accelerated nature of this course delegates should be advised that opportunity for practical exercises is limited. In addition, certain subjects are assigned as self study during the evenings of this course.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Identify the components of standard desktop personal computers.
- Identify fundamental components and functions of personal computer operating systems.
- Identify best practices followed by professional personal computer technicians.
- Install and configure computer components.
- Install and configure system components.
- Maintain and troubleshoot peripheral components.
- Troubleshoot system components.
- Install and configure operating systems.
- Maintain and troubleshoot installations of Microsoft Windows.
- Identify network technologies.
- Install and manage network connections.
- Support laptops and portable computing devices.
- Support printers.
- Identify personal computer security concepts.
- Support personal computer security.
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Personal Computer Components (4 topics)
- Topic 1A: Personal Computer Components
- Topic 1B: System Unit Components
- Topic 1C: Storage Devices
- Topic 1D: Personal Computer Connection Methods
Operating System Fundamentals (4 topics)
- Topic 2A: Personal Computer Operating Systems
- Topic 2B: Windows User Interface Components
- Topic 2C: Windows File System Management
- Topic 2D: Windows System Management Tools
PC Technician Professional Best Practices (6 topics)
- Topic 3A: Tools of the Trade
- Topic 3B: Electrical Safety
- Topic 3C: Environmental Safety and Materials Handling
- Topic 3D: Perform Preventative Maintenance
- Topic 3E: Diagnostics and Troubleshooting
- Topic 3F: Professionalism and Communication
Installing and Configuring Peripheral Components (4 topics)
- Topic 4A: Install and Configure Display Devices
- Topic 4B: Install and Configure Input Devices
- Topic 4C: Install and Configure Adapter Cards
- Topic 4D: Install and Configure Multimedia Devices
Installing and Configuring System Components (5 topics)
- Topic 5A: Install and Configure Storage Devices
- Topic 5B: Select and Install Power Supplies
- Topic 5C: Select and Install Memory
- Topic 5D: Select, Install, and Configure CPUs and Cooling System Units
- Topic 5E: Install and Configure System Boards
Maintaining and Troubleshooting Peripheral Components (4 topics)
- Topic 6A: Troubleshoot Display Devices
- Topic 6B: Maintain and Troubleshoot Input Devices
- Topic 6C: Troubleshoot Adapter Cards
- Topic 6D: Troubleshoot Multimedia Devices
Troubleshooting System Components (5 topics)
- Topic 7A: Troubleshoot Storage Devices
- Topic 7B: Troubleshoot Power Supplies
- Topic 7C: Troubleshoot Memory
- Topic 7D: Troubleshoot CPUs and Cooling Systems
- Topic 7E: Troubleshoot System Boards
Installing and Configuring Operating Systems (4 topics)
- Topic 8A: Install Microsoft Windows
- Topic 8B: Upgrade Windows
- Topic 8C: Add Devices to Windows
- Topic 8D: Optimize Windows
Maintaining and Troubleshooting Microsoft Windows (4 topics)
- Topic 9A: Operating System Utilities
- Topic 9B: Back Up Microsoft Windows
- Topic 9C: Troubleshoot Microsoft Windows
- Topic 9D: Recover Microsoft Windows
Network Technologies (4 topics)
- Topic 10A: Network Concepts
- Topic 10B: Network Communications
- Topic 10C: Network Connectivity
- Topic 10D: Internet Technologies
Installing and Managing Network Connections (3 topics)
- Topic 11A: Create Network Connections
- Topic 11B: Install and Configure Web Browsers
- Topic 11C: Maintain and Troubleshoot Network Connections
Supporting Laptops and Portable Computing Devices (3 topics)
- Topic 12A: Laptop and Portable Computing Device Components
- Topic 12B: Install and Configure Laptops and Portable Computing Devices
- Topic 12C: Maintain and Troubleshoot Laptops and Portable Computing Devices
Supporting Printers (5 topics)
- Topic 13A: Printer Technologies
- Topic 13B: Printer Components
- Topic 13C: Printer Processes
- Topic 13D: Install and Configure Printers
- Topic 13E: Maintain and Troubleshoot Printers
Personal Computer Security Concepts (5 topics)
- Topic 14A: Security Fundamentals
- Topic 14B: Security Protection Measures
- Topic 14C: Data and Physical Security
- Topic 14D: Wireless Security
- Topic 14E: Social Engineering
Supporting Personal Computer Security (2 topics)
- Topic 15A: Install and Configure Security Measures
- Topic 15B: Maintain and Troubleshoot Security Measures
Appendices (4 topics)
- Appendix A: Mapping Course Content to the CompTIA A+ Essentials (2009 Edition) 220-701 Exam Objectives
- Appendix B: Mapping Course Content to the CompTIA A+ Practical Application (2009 Edition) 220-702 Exam Objectives
- Appendix C: CompTIA A+ Acronyms
- Appendix D: A Brief History of Personal Computers
Students taking this course should have the following skills: end-user skills with WindowsÃ‚Â®-based personal computers, including the ability to: browse and search for information on the Internet; start up, shut down, and log on to a computer and network; run programs; and move, copy, delete, and rename files in Windows Explorer. Students should also have basic knowledge of computing concepts, including the difference between hardware and software; the functions of software components, such as the operating system, applications, and file systems; and the function of a computer network.