CompTIA A+ Certification 220-1002 Support Skills
Book Now - 1 Delivery Method Available:Classroom Virtual Classroom Private Group - Virtual Self-Paced Online
This 5-day A+ 2019 objectives Part 2 course is intended for those wishing to study towards CompTIA A+ Certification. A+ is a foundation-level course designed for IT professionals with around 1 year's experience whose job role is focused on PC support.
Successful candidates will have the knowledge required to assemble components based on customer requirements, install, configure and maintain devices, PCs and software for end users, understand the basics of networking and security/forensics, properly and safely diagnose, resolve and document common hardware and software issues, apply troubleshooting skills, provide appropriate customer support, and understand the basics of virtualization, desktop imaging, and deployment.
Please note - The exam is not taken at the end of the course. Those wishing to book an exam for another time will need to purchase an exam voucher.
- Support operating systems.
- Install, configure, and maintain operating systems.
- Maintain and troubleshoot Microsoft Windows.
- Configure and troubleshoot network connections.
- Manage users, workstations, and shared resources.
- Implement physical security.
- Secure workstations and data..
- Troubleshoot workstation security issues.
- Support and troubleshoot mobile devices.
- Implement operational procedures.
The course is designed for delegates who have basic computer skills and who are interested in starting an IT career. The course is also designed for students who are seeking the CompTIA A+ certification.
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Supporting Operating Systems (5 topics)
- Topic A - Identifying Common Operating Systems
- Topic B - Use Windows Features and Tools
- Topic C - Manage Files in Windows
- Topic D - Manage Disks in Windows
- Topic E - Manage Devices in Windows
Installing, Configuring, and Maintaining Operating Systems (4 topics)
- Topic A - Configure and use Linux
- Topic B - Configure and use MacOS
- Topic C - Install and Upgrade Operating Systems
- Topic D - Maintain Operating Systems
Maintaining and Troubleshooting Microsoft Windows (3 topics)
- Topic A - Install and Manage Windows Applications
- Topic B - Manage Windows Performance
- Topic C - Troubleshoot Windows
Configuring and Troubleshooting Networks (5 topics)
- Topic A - Configyre Network Connection Settings
- Topic B - Install and Configure SOHO networks
- Topic C - Configure SOHO Network Security
- Topic D - Configure Remote Access
- Topic E - Troubleshoot Network Connections
Managing Users, Workstations, and Shared Resources (3 topics)
- Topic A - Manage Users
- Topic B - Configure Shared Resources
- Topic C - Configure Active Directory Accounts and Policies
Security Concepts (3 topics)
- Topic A - Logical Security Concepts
- Topic B - Threats and Vunerabilities
- Topic C - Physical Security Measures
Securing Workstations and Data (3 topics)
- Topic A - Implement Security Best Practices
- Topic B - Implement Data Protection Policies
- Topic C - Protect Data During an Incident Response
Troubleshooting Workstation Security Issues (2 topics)
- Topic A - Detect, Remove, and Prevent Malware
- Topic B - Troubleshoot Common Workstation Security Issues
Supporting and Troubleshooting Mobile Devices (2 topics)
- Topic A - Secure Mobile Devices
- Topic B - Troubleshoot Mobile Device Issues
Implementing Operational Procedures (7 topics)
- Topic A - Use Appropriate Safety Procedures
- Topic B - Environmental Impacts and Controls
- Topic C - Create and Maintain Documentation
- Topic D - Use Basic Change Management Best Practices
- Topic E - Implement Disaster Prevention and Recovery Methods
- Topic F - Basic Scripting Concepts
- Topic G - Professionalism and Communication
In order to sit this course delegates should have a basic understanding of computers, have a working knowledge of Microsoft Client (Desktop) Operating Systems.
The courses below may help you meet the knowledge level required to take this course.
CompTIA A+ Certification 220-1001 Support Skills
This 5-day official CompTIA A+ Essentials course provides delegates with the fundamentals of PC installation, support and troubleshooting.Classroom Virtual Classroom Private Group - Virtual Self-Paced Online
Please select from the dates below to make an enquiry or booking.
Different pricing structures are available including special offers. These include early bird, late availability, multi-place, corporate volume and self-funding rates. Please arrange a discussion with a training advisor to discover your most cost effective option.
|Later scheduled dates may be available for this course.|