CompTIA A+ Certification 220-1001 Support Skills
Book Now - 1 Delivery Method Available:Classroom Virtual Classroom Private Group - Virtual Self-Paced Online
This 5-day A+ 20119 objectives Part 1 event is a foundation-level course designed for IT professionals with around 1 year's experience, whose job role is focused on PC support.
Successful candidates will have the knowledge required to assemble components based on customer requirements, install, configure and maintain devices, PCs and software for end users, understand the basics of networking and security/forensics, properly and safely diagnose, resolve and document common hardware and software issues, apply troubleshooting skills, provide appropriate customer support, and understand the basics of virtualization, desktop imaging, and deployment.
Please note - The exam is not taken at the end of the course. Those wishing to book an exam for another time will need to purchase an exam voucher.
- Install and configure PC system unit components and peripheral devices.
- Install, configure, and troubleshoot display and multimedia devices.
- Install, configure, and troubleshoot storage devices.
- Install, configure, and troubleshoot internal system components.
- Explain network infrastructure concepts.
- Configure and troubleshoot network connections.
- Implement client virtualisation and cloud computing.
- Support and troubleshoot laptops.
- Support and troubleshoot mobile devices.
- Install, configure, and troubleshoot print devices.
The course is designed for delegates who have basic computer skills and who are interested in starting an IT career. The course is also designed for students who are seeking the CompTIA A+ certification.
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Installing and Configuring PC Components (5 topics)
- Topic A - Use Appropriate Safety Procedures
- Topic B - PC Components
- Topic C - Common Connection Interfaces
- Topic D - Install Peripheral Devices
- Topic E - Troubleshooting Methodology
Installing, Configuring, and Troubleshooting Display and Multimedia Devices (3 topics)
- Topic A - Install and Configure Display Devices
- Topic B - Troubleshoot Display Devices
- Topic C - Install and Configure Multimedia Devices
Installing, Configuring, and Troubleshooting Storage Devices (5 topics)
- Topic A - Install System Memory
- Topic B - Install and Configure Mass Storage Devices
- Topic C - Install and Configure Removable Storage
- Topic D - Configure RAID
- Topic E - Troubleshoot Storage Devices
Installing, Configuring, and Troubleshooting Internal System Components (5 topics)
- Topic A - Install and Upgrade CPUs
- Topic B - Configure and Update BIOS/UEFI
- Topic C - Install a PSU
- Topic D - Troubleshoot Internal System Components
- Topic E - Configure a Custom PC
Network Infrastructure Concepts (6 topics)
- Topic A - Wired Networks
- Topic B - Network Hardware Devices
- Topic C - Wireless Networks
- Topic D - Internet Connection Types
- Topic E - Network Configuration Concepts
- Topic F - Network Services
Configuring and Troubleshooting Networks (6 topics)
- Topic A - Configure Network Connection Settings
- Topic B - Install and configure SOHO Networks
- Topic C - Configure SOHO Network Security
- Topic D - Configure Remote Access
- Topic E - Troubleshoot Network Connections
- Topic F - Install and Configure IoT Devices
Implementing Client Virtualisation and Cloud Computing (2 topics)
- Topic A - Configure Client-Side Virtualisation
- Topic B - Cloud Computing Concepts
Supporting and Troubleshooting Laptops (3 topics)
- Topic A - Use Laptop Features
- Topic B - Install and Configure Laptop Hardware
- Topic C - Troubleshoot Common Laptop Issues
Supporting and Troubleshooting Mobile Devices (4 topics)
- Topic A - Mobile Device Types
- Topic B - Connect and Configure Mobile Device Accessories
- Topic C - Configure Mobile Device Network Connectivity
- Topic D - Support Mobile Apps
Installing, Configuring and Troubleshooting Print Devices (6 topics)
- Topic A - Maintain Laser Printers
- Topic B - Maintain Inkjet Printers
- Topic C - Maintain Impact, Thermal and 3D Printers
- Topic D - Install and Configure Printers
- Topic E - Troubleshoot Print Device Issues
- Topic F - Install and Configure Imaging Devices
In order to sit this course, delegates should have a basic understanding of computers and have a working knowledge of Microsoft Client (Desktop) Operating Systems.