IBM Tivoli Storage Manager 6.3 Advanced Administration For AIX
Book Now - 1 Delivery Method Available:Classroom Virtual Classroom Private Group - Virtual Self-Paced Online
This 5-day course is for administrators with a fundamental knowledge of IBM Tivoli Storage Manager. It provides in-depth administration training with IBM Tivoli Storage Manager 6.3 Extended Edition at a higher skill level than the IBM Tivoli Storage Manager 6.3 Implementation and Administration course (TSX12).
Administrators learn how to control and tune the Tivoli Storage Manager environment and what steps to take when troubleshooting. The lab exercises explore the DB2 database management methods and options, using the disaster recovery plan file, and using SQL scripts. In addition, the exercises involve multiple servers to simulate an enterprise environment. You participate in group problem determination exercises, perform a variety of backup and restore processes, and optimize data management, such as data deduplication. You also tune the backup-archive client and the Tivoli Storage Manager 6.3 server for optimal performance.
The hands-on exercises for this course are conducted on AIX. Students interested in Windows implementation should register in course TS622.
- Back up and restore Tivoli Storage Manager databases and storage pools
- Write and use macros and scripts to automate operations
- Optimize Tivoli Storage Manager with performance tuning parameters
- Use client and server trace functions
- Troubleshoot and recover from a database failure
- Recover a primary storage pool
- Configure and use server-to-server virtual volumes
- Configure and use backup sets and online image backup
- Configure and use multi-session backup and move node data
- Enable and use file grouping and open file support
- Configure single administrative logon
- Enable Disaster Recovery Manager
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Course Topics (11 topics)
- Unit 1: Tivoli Storage Manager 6.3 Review
- Unit 2: Database and Recovery Log Management
- Unit 3: Storage Pool Management
- Unit 4: Disaster Recovery Manager
- Unit 5: SQL Statements, Macros and Scripts
- Unit 6: Tivoli Storage Manager Performance Tuning
- Unit 7: Backup and Restore Methodology
- Unit 8: Virtual machine support
- Unit 9: Enterprise administration
- Unit 10: Electronic vaulting and server-to-server virtual volumes
- Unit 11: Problem determination concepts
- Ability to navigate through applications on the OS being used for the course
- Ability to use the OS command line on the OS being used for the course
- Experience working with storage devices
- Ability to work with an Internet browser
- Thorough understanding of client-server concepts
- Basic understanding of network architecture including WAN, LAN and SAN
The courses below may help you meet the knowledge level required to take this course. If you are unsure please ask a training advisor .
IBM Tivoli Storage Manager 6.3 Implementation and Administration For AIX
This 5-day course provides delegates with the skills required to install and configure Tivoli Storage Manager 6.3.Classroom Virtual Classroom Private Group - Virtual Self-Paced Online