z/OS Job Control Language
Book Now - 1 Delivery Method Available:Classroom Virtual Classroom Private Group - Virtual Self-Paced Online
Key z/OS skillset how to use z/OS Job Control Language (JCL) and selected MVS Utility programs in an online batch environment. Lectures and machine lab exercises. Must have prior ISPF knowledge.
The course contains a high percentage of online practical exercises. The participants will be able to code detailed JCL with the ability to test their results to a successful completion.
This course is designed for Anyone who needs to write, interpret, use or understand z/OS Job Control Language.
On completion, you will be able to:
- Understand and use different JCL statements
- Code JCL and Utility Control statements to use IBM Utility programs
- Allocate and manipulate both DASD and tape data sets using JCL parameters
- Allocate Generation Data Groups
- Create an 'in-stream' procedure and use symbolic parameters
- Understand the DFORT utility and code the control statements needed to utilise the sort and merge capabilities.
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
z/OS Job Control Language (8 topics)
- JCL basics
- Utility Programs
- Data Organisation and Management
- Generation Data Groups
- COND and IF/THEN/ELSE/ENDIF statements
- DFSORT Utility
- Tape data sets.
The courses below may help you meet the knowledge level required to take this course.