IBM Tivoli Storage Manager 5.5 Advanced Admin, Tuning and Troubleshooting
Book Now - 1 Delivery Method Available:Classroom Virtual Classroom Private Group - Virtual Self-Paced Online
This five-day course is designed to provide in-depth administration training with IBM Tivoli Storage Manager 5.5 Extended Edition, at a skill level that is beyond the Implementation and Administrator Part One course. Through the use of reporting tools, administrators will be able to control their TSM environment, and determine which actions to take. These tasks will vary according to the action we are trying to accomplish. The classroom setup for this training includes installing and configuring multiple servers, server-to-server and virtual volumes. The students will participate in group problem determine exercises, and be presented with options for a tapeless backup, optimal data management, and tuning the backup-archive client and the TSM 5.5 server for optimal performance.
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Macros and Scripts (1 topic)
- In this unit you will see how writing macros and scripts can help with the automation of common tasks. You will also see that scripts can be scheduled thus reducing the number of schedules required. Network Configuration and TSM.
Performance Issues (1 topic)
- Performance and tuning parameters and options will be covered in this unit. Guidelines will be presented and you will also work with network backup capabilities when there are nodes that exist across the WAN environment from the TSM Server installation.
Reporting (1 topic)
- Reporting tools are covered in the unit. The SQL interface along with the ODBC driver and connectivity are reviewed. The Operational Reporting Manager is also presented so you see the capabilities of this included utility.
Problem Determination Concepts (1 topic)
- Since there may be times when TSM support will need you to run a trace, this unit covers what traces are and how to run them. Tracing will be examined from the server and client perspective.
Backup and Restore Methodology (1 topic)
- This unit covers many backup and restore methods not presented in the pre-requisite course. Some of the items examined will be multi-session backup and restore, open file support, image backup (static and online snapshot), backup groups and moving data by node to name a few.
Enterprise Administration (1 topic)
- This unit establishes a good foundation in how to configure multiple instances of TSM servers in support of enterprise administration. Also covered in this unit is the establishment of a configuration manager server for propagation of objects in a controlled methodology from the manager to other TSM servers.
Server-to-server Virtual Volumes (1 topic)
- The capability to store backup and archive data for a TSM server on another TSM server is studied in this unit. This capability is available through the use of virtual volumes. The exploitation of these virtual volumes database backups and disaster recovery is explored.
The courses below may help you meet the knowledge level required to take this course. If you are unsure please ask a training advisor .
IBM Tivoli Storage Manager 5.5 Implementation and Administration
This is a 5 day course for delegates looking to implement and administer a data management strategy with IBM Tivoli Storage Manager 5.5.Classroom Virtual Classroom Private Group - Virtual Self-Paced Online