MCITP Server Administrator Accelerated
This course has been retired. Please view currently available Microsoft Windows 2008 Training Courses.
Course Topics (11 topics)
- Planning Windows Server 2008 Deployment
- Planning Network Infrastructure for Windows Server 2008
- Planning for Active Directory
- Planning for Group Policy
- Planning Application Servers
- Planning File and Print Services
- Planning Server and Network Security
- Planning Server Administration
- Planning and Implementing Monitoring and Maintenance
- Planning High Availability and Disaster Recovery
- Planning Virtualization
This course is intended for a server administrators who are moving from a technical-specialist role to a decision-making role and want to acquire the necessary knowledge to be able to plan for Windows Server 2008 servers. To take this course and pass the exam delegates will need to have:- * MCTS: Windows Server 2008 Active Directory, Configuring certification * MCTS: Windows Server 2008 Network Infrastructure, Configuring certification * Basic understanding of networking. * Intermediate understanding of network operating systems. * A good understanding of the IPv4 address structure and subnetting * An awareness of security best practices. Basic knowledge of server hardware. * Some experience creating objects in Active Directory. (Foundation course (M6424) or equivalent knowledge). * Basic concepts of backup and recovery in a Windows Server Environment. * Basic knowledge of DHCP. * Basic knowledge of IPSec.