Business Process Management
Book Now - 1 Delivery Method Available:Classroom Virtual Classroom Private Group - Virtual Self-Paced Online
Business processes are the means by which an organisation delivers value to their customers. When they fail to perform they fail us and fail our customers, ultimately our business fails its stakeholders. The more organisations change, the more they must concern themselves with their stakeholder relationships, and the design and management of their processes so that organisations, people and technologies have a common business purpose. Business Process Management takes a strategic approach to process design that is driven from the outside-in by focusing on the business drivers and expectations of the stakeholders.
This course will enable delegates to:
- Develop a business process strategy to meet stakeholder needs.
- Analyse, improve, design and develop processes to meet stakeholder needs.
- Align technology, organisation, and facilities with the business process strategy and design.
- Apply their knowledge to manage process projects effectively.
- Identify, clarify and manage business benefits arising from process change.
Introduction (2 topics)
- Introduction to Business Process Management and the critical success factors for effective process renewal.
- Overview of the Business Process Management Methodology.
Business Process Strategy (3 topics)
- Understanding the business context and determining the stakeholder requirements.
- Identifying the core, guiding and enabling processes.
- Defining a process architecture and agreeing the process renewal priorities.
Process Design and Planning (4 topics)
- Project organisation and governance, project scope and plan, and risk management.
- Benefits analysis and management; developing a business case.
- Defining a Process Vision, analysing current processes and identifying added value activities.
- Identifying and evaluating process renewal options.
Process Development and Verification (3 topics)
- Developing the process renewal outlines, process mapping, identifying and applying business scenarios to validate process designs.
- Aligning the organisation structure and job roles with new process.
- Process organisations and Process Owners.
Implementation and Continuous Improvement (2 topics)
- Piloting and implementing the new process, including ICT and facilities.
- Operating and managing the new process and establishing a continuous improvement environment.