Introduction to Change Management
Book Now - 1 Delivery Method Available:Scheduled Online Onsite
Businesses often recognise the challenge of getting people to change shortly after implementation has started. The new approach is expected to go in unopposed but when the welcome mat doesn't appear the project team scrambles to do some patch up communication - often with poor results.
But despite this reality there is still a bias against investing in change management activities because they aren't seen as a prime objective for the project or programme. Managing people change is a critical skill in today's world of rapid and continuous change. This programme provides both the critical skills and a framework for the successful management of people change.
This course will enable delegates to:
- Recognise the important role that people play in making business transformation successful.
- Discuss the fundamental challenges in getting people to change and for that change to be sustained.
- Understand and be able to apply the key steps required to successfully manage people change.
- Apply their knowledge to a project or programme to effectively manage the change of people's behaviour.
Introduction to Change (3 topics)
- How do people react to change?
- Why does change fail?
- Explore the impact and consequences of change
What is Cultural Change? (4 topics)
- Understand how you can characterise a culture using a Cultural Web.
- Explore how changing the cultural paradigm can impact a change programme.
- How do national cultures differ?
- Understand how cultural diversity can shape corporate cultures.
Preparing for Change (5 topics)
- Developing a Case for Change.
- Who are the stakeholders?
- Assessing Stakeholder concerns and potential resistance to change.
- Assessing the readiness for change.
- Establishing an appropriate governance structure.
People Change Management Plan (5 topics)
- Defining the principles on which the change will be managed. Developing a Change Management Plan.
- Change Agents.
- Developing a Communication strategy and plan.
- Aligning with the project or programme plan.
- Creating a reinforcing change process.
Initiating and Sustaining Change (3 topics)
- Training programmes.
- Managing the challenges that arise in initiating change.
- Aligning the organisation.
Sustaining Change (2 topics)
- Managing the challenges that arise in sustaining a change.
- Continuous improvement.