Practical Business Analysis
Book Now - 3 Delivery Methods Available:Classroom Virtual Classroom Private Group - Virtual Self-Paced Online
If you'd like to improve the performance of real-world business analysis in your organisation, then we've developed the perfect solution. Our Practical Business Analysis course is the QA-authored approach to empowering teams of Business Analysts, based on the experience of over 20 years of working with world-class organisations to develop their Business Analyst communities and the latest in best practice techniques.
Writing high-quality, robust requirements is the aim of the Business Analyst; we show you how to work within a business strategy, use proven techniques to analyse the business area and identify changes to business processes as well as IT systems needed to meet specific internal and external challenges. We offer the opportunity to develop the skills needed to work with senior business and IT staff to analyse and model business activities and write the requirements. Delegates will learn how to investigate business problems and how to identify and recommend appropriate creative solutions.
Learning is embedded through a combination of lectures, workshops and practical application: delegates will work on a simulated project during the course, deploying the skills that they have learned in the classroom. They will interact with project stakeholders to capture and negotiate requirements and will work in teams to solve the business problems presented and produce the required analysis artefacts. At the end of the course the teams will formally present their recommendations to the project sponsor. In this way, the learning is given context and relevance and delegates are able to explore real-world application of the tools and techniques covered. Where the course has not included soft-skills modules, the project work will still include interaction with stakeholders but will not focus on the inter-personal dimension.
Designed as a modular course, the Practical Business Analysis course is easy to tailor for your business requirements and can be fully customised for single-company events to include in-house templates, frameworks and methodologies; modules can be removed according to client requirements, new modules can be developed and the duration of the course may be altered, making it ideal to deliver as a programme dedicated to your business.
At the end of this course you will be able to:
- Ensure business change is aligned to business need
- Plan Business Analysis activities and stakeholder engagement
- Employ a robust requirements engineering process
- Investigate, model and analyse business processes
- Write and communicate robust requirements
- Enhance and complete requirements though an examination of business data
- Conduct effective interviews and workshops
- Build productive business relationships and avoid conflict
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
The Scope for Business Change (1 topic)
- An introduction to the need for Business Analysis and the role and scope of the Business Analyst; this module considers the need for strategic awareness in the delivery of business change, whether in an Agile or Waterfall environment, and the part that the Business Analyst plays in ensuring the change is aligned to business need.
Project Initiation (1 topic)
- Securing terms of reference, identifying the stakeholders and planning the Business Analysis effort are vital components of a successful project; this module examines why taking shortcuts leads to failure.
Requirements Engineering (1 topic)
- Understanding the nature of requirements and the difference between 'capturing' and 'engineering'. This module looks at different sources and categories of requirements, the problems associated with requirements engineering and provides an effective process for ensuring high quality requirements which are under control.
Business Process Modelling (1 topic)
- Most Business Analysts need to investigate and model business processes; this module covers the modelling language they can use as well as a practical approach to the tasks of modelling at different levels and understanding scope and value.
Process Improvement (1 topic)
- Applying problem analysis techniques to business processes and using creative approaches to making improvements.
The User Journey (1 topic)
- A rigorous approach to capturing and documenting IT requirements using User Stories and Use Cases. This module integrates process modelling, requirements definition and systems development.
Understanding Business Data (1 topic)
- Many projects suffer from ambiguous and incomplete requirements; an examination of the information needs of the system under discussion goes a long way towards resolving these issues.
How Data Changes (1 topic)
- Along with Understanding Business Data, this module helps to complete and refine requirements and challenge Business Rules. In this instance, modelling the way Business Entities are created and changed by the system gives a greater understanding of the process and its IT.
Interviewing Stakeholders (1 topic)
- This module covers a pragmatic approach to planning, preparing, conducting and following-up an interview.
Focus on People (1 topic)
- Examining motivation and how people interact. This module uses a psychometric tool, Strength Deployment Inventory, to help facilitate effective business relationships and avoid coming into conflict.
Reaching Agreement (1 topic)
- Dealing with situations where negotiation and influencing may be required and using the Johari Window to assist.
Effective Workshops (1 topic)
- Much of the Business Analysis effort is accomplished with groups of people working together; this module considers how to make these interactions productive.
Effective Presentations (1 topic)
- Getting the right message across in the right way to the right people.
There are no formal prerequisites for this course.
Please select from the dates below to make an enquiry or booking.
Different pricing structures are available including special offers. These include early bird, late availability, multi-place, corporate volume and self-funding rates. Please arrange a discussion with a training advisor to discover your most cost effective option.