Competing Trends in Wireless Technologies, incl. LTE, WiMAX and WiFi
Book Now - 3 Delivery Methods Available:Scheduled Online Onsite
This course is intended to introduce at a high-level the competing trends available in the wireless and mobile environment. By comparing and evaluating the technologies the courses tries to offer an overview of the technologies and how they may all co-exist.
Introduction to Wireless & Mobile Networks (5 topics)
- Wireless does not mean mobile
- Basic concept of cellular systems
- Basics of multiple access
- Fixed wireless
- Mobile wireless
WIFI (Wireless Lan) IEEE 802.11 (4 topics)
- The IEEE 802 specification
- WiFi network components
- Practical demonstration of a WiFi network - hotspots
- Basic principles of the IEEE 802.16 technology
Mobile Cellular Networks (3 topics)
- Introduction to GSM/GPRS
- Introduction 3G
- Where do we go from here?
Evolving the 3rd Generation System (4 topics)
- The new air interface
- OFDMA and SC-FDMA
- Long Term Evolution (LTE) and System Architecture Evolution (SAE)
- Who's backing LTE?
The Other Contende - WiMAX (9 topics)
- The IEEE802.16 specification
- Line-of-Site (LOS) versus Non-Line-of-Sight )NLOS)
- Worldwide interoperability for Microwave Access
- Fixed Broadband Wireless - IEEE802.16-2004
- WiMAX Mobile - IEEE802.16e
- Multihop Relay for Mobile WiMAX - IEEE802.16j
- WiMAX 's speciality is in the service flow
- WiMAX as a back-haul technology
Integration Through Next Generation Network Technologies (6 topics)
- The basic Next Generation Network
- Media Gateway Controllers
- Media Gateways
- Signalling Gateways
- SIGTRAN and interworking protocols
- Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)
Please select from the dates below to make an enquiry or booking.
Different pricing structures are available including special offers. These include early bird, late availability, multi-place, corporate volume and self-funding rates. Please arrange a discussion with a training advisor to discover your most cost effective option.