Management of Risk (MoR) Foundation and Practitioner
Book Now - 3 Delivery Methods Available:Classroom Virtual Classroom Private Group - Virtual Self-Paced Online
This Five-day course provides delegates with a thorough understanding of the Management of Risk (M_o_R) methodology. During the course we introduce the Principles, Approach, Process, and Embedding & Reviewing M_o_R which form the core concepts of M_o_R. We will also explain how M_o_R is important throughout the organisation from Strategic, Programme, Project and Operational perspectives.
Throughout the course, our M_o_R experts help delegates understand the benefits of adopting the M_o_R methodology.
Prior to the course delegates will receive QA's pre course reading to help them prepare adequately. All relevant course materials are provided, including the core text book 'Management of Risk: Guidance for Practitioners'. The course includes the M_o_R Foundation examination on Day 3 and concludes with the M_o_R Practitioner examination on Day 5.
The M_o_R Foundation and Practitioner course includes a variety of hands on exercises to ensure that the theory is embedded and delegates feel confident in the practical application of M_o_R. Additional evening work will be required in the form of consolidation reading and mock examination questions. The evening work is an integral part of the course and delegates should expect to spend approximately two hours on the activities.
At the end of this course you will be able to:
- Explain the terminology that is used within M_o_R
- Understand the principles for the development of good risk management practices
- Design an approach to risk management to improve performance
- Identify and assess risks, then plan and implement risk responses
- Establish current practices using M_o_R healthcheck and maturity model
- Identify opportunities and ways to improve Risk management
- Understand the importance of Risk Specialisms
Risk forms a part of the everyday running of any business or organisation, therefore, the study of its anticipation and management is relevant for all individuals and organisations wishing to develop their awareness in this area.
M_o_R Foundation Examination:
- One hour long
- Closed book
- 75 multiple-choice questions
- 50% pass mark
M_o_R Practitioner Examination
- 3 hour long
- Open book
- 4 Questions (1 for each perspective)
- Each question has 20 individual questions giving 80 questions in total
- 50% pass mark
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Introduction to M_o_R (5 topics)
- What is a risk?
- Why do Risk Management?
- Governance Requirements
- Internal Control
- When to apply Risk Management
M_o_R Principles (8 topics)
- Aligns with objectives
- Fits the context
- Engages stakeholders
- Provides clear guidance
- Informs decision making
- Facilitates continual improvement
- Creates a supportive culture
- Achieves measurable value
M_o_R Approach (10 topics)
- Risk Management Policy
- Process Guide
- Risk Register
- Issue Register
- Risk Improvement Plan
- Risk Response plan
- Risk Reports
- Risk Communication plan
- M_o_R Process
M_o_R Processes (4 topics)
- Identifying Risks
- Analysing Risks
- Planning for Implementation of Countermeasures
Embedding and Reviewing M_o_R (7 topics)
- Embedding the principles
- Changing the culture for risk management
- Measuring the value of risk management
- Overcoming common process barriers
- Identifying and establishing opportunities for change
- Health check
- Risk management maturity model
M_o_R Perspectives (4 topics)
No prerequisites are necessary for attendance, although delegates will be expected to have some experience of working in an Operational or Programme, Project environment prior to attending the M_o_R Foundation course.
Delegates will be provided with QA's pre-course reading prior to attending the course to help them prepare for the course. The pre-course reading is expected to take approximately 10 hours to complete. The success on the course will be enhanced by close attention to the pre-reading material.
Please select from the dates below to make an enquiry or booking.
Different pricing structures are available including special offers. These include early bird, late availability, multi-place, corporate volume and self-funding rates. Please arrange a discussion with a training advisor to discover your most cost effective option.
|Later scheduled dates may be available for this course.|