Building a Business Case and Measuring Benefits
Book Now - 1 Delivery Method Available:Scheduled Online Onsite
In all businesses we are constantly exposed to change. This may be to make improvements to our current effectiveness or to react to a changing environment and new opportunities. A great number of projects are available to most businesses and it is selecting those with the maximum return on investment which gives the advantage over our competitors. This course will provide participants with the skills required to ensure that project work is clearly justified in both financial and non-financial terms and that the benefits resulting from projects are accurately measured.
This course is suitable for any staff with the responsibility for justifying or assisting in the justification of project work.
This course will enable delegates to:
- Develop a project Business Case.
- Maintain the Business Case throughout the life of a project.
- Identify, define and measure project costs and benefits.
- Calculate the project value.
Course Content (11 topics)
- When to produce the Business Case
- Identifying Costs
- The four types of Benefit
- Identifying and measuring benefits
- Calculating the Net Benefit
- Discounted Cash Flow and Net Present Values
- Risk Analysis
- Sensitivity Analysis
- Reviewing & Refining the Business Case
- Structuring the document
- Presenting the Results