Managing Remote Teams
Book Now - 1 Delivery Method Available:Classroom Virtual Classroom Private Group - Virtual Self-Paced Online
Do you want to be able to support your team in flexible working?
Do you want to make sure your team works together effectively even when they’re not based in the same location?
Are you worried about ensuring the productivity of staff who work remotely?
With the growing trend for virtual team working and home working, it is essential for a manager to give the necessary support to the team to ensure the arrangement is a success. As a manager you may already have identified that the role is suitable for a virtual working arrangement. Most importantly, however, you will have identified that the team member has the potential personal qualities appropriate to working unsupervised.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Identify the advantages, demands and challenges your virtual team will face
- Consider the impact virtual team working will have on your team
- Recognise how your team will evolve
- Develop a clear communication strategy for your team
- Identify performance issues and look at strategies for motivating and maintaining a high performance team
- Establish a plan for working with your virtual team members to ensure you are aware of their daily schedules
- State the health and safety requirements of working from home or in the field.
You will benefit from this course if you manage teams where team members work away from the office base either in the field or from home.
Course Topics (12 topics)
- Personal objectives for the course.
- Organisation related challenges of managing teams that work from home.
- Employee, team and Manager related challenges of managing teams that work from home.
- Managing team building.
- Managing communication.
- Performance evaluation and management.
- Developing a communications strategy.
- The team work matrix.
- Creating participative meetings.
- Proven techniques for effective conference calls.
- Health and safety considerations.
- Completion of a personal action plan.