Develop Great Performance
Book Now - 1 Delivery Method Available:Scheduled Online Onsite
Do you worry about going through the appraisal process with your staff?
Do you need to help your staff identify and manage their own developmental needs?
The appraisal of staff is a fundamental part of the manager’s or supervisor’s role. Properly conducted appraisal interviews provide a formal opportunity to acknowledge achievement and help to promote a better-motivated and loyal workforce. This course will equip managers and supervisors with the appraisal and feedback skills necessary to conduct performance reviews and develop great performance in their teams.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Agree performance targets and personal objectives with individuals
- Prepare personal training and development plans with your staff
- Utilise the methods available for ensuring and evaluating an individual’s performance
- Use effective questioning skills
- Demonstrate active listening skills in the context of staff appraisal and feedback
- Review how to give objective feedback based on performance
- Manage performance problems and improve the effectiveness of an individual
You will benefit from this course if you are a Manager who wants to learn how to run mutually beneficial appraisals, or if you wish to improve your skills in this area.
Course Topics (17 topics)
- Personal objectives for the course.
- Why are appraisals undertaken?
- The appraisal process.
- Benefits of an appraisal.
- Appraiser's and appraisee's rights.
- Objective setting.
- Preparing for an appraisal interview.
- The horns and halo effect.
- Do's and don'ts of an appraisal.
- Effective questioning in an appraisal interview.
- Active listening techniques.
- The importance of body language.
- Giving and receiving feedback.
- Delivering an effective review meeting.
- Strategies for improving performance.
- Practice sessions and feedback.
- Completion of a personal action plan.
You should attend this course with knowledge of all documentation used in your appraisal process. Copies of the forms should also be brought along for reference.